PDA

View Full Version : Error: Plug-In Image Saver Failed. Abort Rendering

Alec
02-19-2003, 04:09 PM
I'm familiar with the basics of lightwave, and have come across an error I can't seem to fix. I've been rendering a tiff sequence and when I set it to render, it renders the 1st frame, then I get a message saying
"Error: Plug-In Image Saver Failed. Abort Rendering?"

If I select yes to continue with the render, this message pops up again after each frame, and none of the subsequent frames are ever rendered to disk. Even if they were, I obviously don't want to have to sit and press yes after every rendered frame to continue.

I've triple-checked all my settings and nothing stands out as wrong in the image panel or render options.

So what is there to do?

Alec

TARoe
12-15-2003, 12:46 PM
:D I've been encountering this myself. I discovered that while I was only trying to save a .mov file as a preview of my animation the default checkmark was selected for Save RGB as well. I'd never set this so I clicked the RGB Files save location button and discovered that it was trying to create a "filename.(nothing)" file which I guess was causing the error. I unchecked the Save RGB option and my problem was solved. Now I can render my .mov sequence with no problems.

head worm
12-19-2003, 04:42 AM
Hi there,

The most common problem that causes this is Lightwave or LWSN losing access to your plugins folder.

You didn't say which platform you work on but there are two main causes depending on Mac or PC:

PC: You have linked to your plugins through a mapped drive (ie Z:/) which allows you to network render more easily. sometimes windows loses access to the mapped drive on startup. God knows why this happens but going to 'My Computer' and opening it up usually brings it back to life.

Mac: On OSX you can have problems with read/write permissions to preference files located within the system folder. This means that Lightwave isn't allowed to write the location of your preferences each time you quit and so it never remembers any of the plugins. You need to find your preferences in System:Library:Preferences and do a Get Info, changing their access to Read & Write for everyone.

There may be other reasons for losing plugin access, but the image saver error is usually caused by this.

Cheers

Head Worm
www.the-worms-of-art.com

dobermunk
09-28-2005, 07:20 AM
After going through all these valuable tips (thanks!) I decided to check the path and codec on my (inactive) vid output. Despite being inactive (!), this was the culprit. Very odd.

David