PDA

View Full Version : Hypervoxels - HELP

ben martin
03-05-2007, 07:53 AM
:help:

Hi,

I need some help with hypervoxels, please.
In the LW9 manual I didn't found what I'm looking for and maybe you have a quick answer to this one:

I have this galaxy scene with thousands of stars (poly point) and a second point-ploy mesh to generate the galaxy hypervoxel gas clouds.
Because the camera is panning along the galaxy I activated the anti-aliasing (7 passes) and motion blur to add realistic camera motion.

My problem now is that hypervoxels are rendering at every AA step increasing dramatically the render time to 30 min per frame. I'm really in a hurry and would like to know if it's possible by any mean to instruct hypervoxels to render only at the last render step.

Meaning:
Force the seven AA/Motion blur passes to be used only to render the poly-point objects (stars).
Only then (at last render step) the Hypervoxels render!

Hope I made myself clear, if not sorry but English is not my primary language.

Many thanks!

tribbles
03-05-2007, 09:25 AM
I think if you do an adaptive AA it does this - ISTR it certainly did it on the classic camera (edited to add - classic camera on pre-9).

Another thing to check is that you've turned shadowing off on the HV's - that can make a huge difference!

toby
03-05-2007, 05:38 PM
Go to the Volumetrics panel and turn off Volumetric Antialiasing.

It's like the angels were listening to you!!(?) :angel:

I hope the image doesn't look too... aliased, without aa

ben martin
03-06-2007, 04:38 AM
Wow... many thanks guys, yes Toby... it's like the angels were listening to me! Again, many thanks!

ben martin
03-06-2007, 05:04 AM
Here you have the result... to me works fine the Volumetrics with no AA and this render took only 3 min to finish!

Thanks!

toby
03-06-2007, 10:02 PM
Looks bitchin'!
(In U.S. talk, that's a good thing...)

ben martin
03-07-2007, 11:57 AM
Thanks Toby,

But after a careful look to some galaxy's images visualization I decided to add some extra details... and (fortunately thanks to your tip) :thumbsup: the render time is still less than 3.5 min. per frame 1280X585.

By the way, this frame is part of the intro sequence to a Live-action short story movie.
The final color correction is missing but this is almost the final thing!

Take care!