PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious disappearing objects situation

Filmdesigner
03-05-2007, 07:05 AM
I commonly use 2D trees in my archivis work. I use one to be seen and another copy to act as an invisible shadow object. I have a situation where the 2D object are not rendering, but the shadow objects can be seen in reflections. I know this happens when you turn of and objects' visibility, but the objects that should be seen have vanished in the renders.

FPrime sees and renders them. I have checked all the settings but have no answers.

Help.

I have added a test render of the scene. You will notice the shadow objects as reflections but the shrubs have gone.

toby
03-05-2007, 06:09 PM
Hi Phil-mdesigner :)
So what you're saying is there's objects that do not have unseen by Camera checked, but are not rendered by the camera, and at the same time there are objects that have Unseen by Rays checked, but are still seen by rays? ( can't really make out anything in the image btw )

There's only a few things I can think of, are you using LW9.0? There's a bug that messes with objects that are unseen by camera, they don't show up in raytraced reflections... or something like that, I forget! Anyway, try it in 8.5 maybe?

The only other thing I can think of is diagnostic - load the same objects into a fresh scene and see if they render, do a 'load from scene' into a fresh scene, etc.