PDA

View Full Version : WW soviet UFO

Lexxiam
03-04-2007, 08:17 AM
Created for Popular mechanic magazine

bobakabob
03-04-2007, 06:04 PM
Heh... there certainly seemed to be a fair amount of paranoia back then with media moral panics about "Commies from Mars". This is great though wouldn't it benefit from some eerie flashing lights? :D

riki
03-04-2007, 06:55 PM
Looks good, the surface is a bit too clean though.

Iaian7
03-05-2007, 03:13 PM
Mmm, very nice clouds. :D What are you using for these? And same question, mountain / forests?

Looks cool, but the space craft feels very matte, very dull. While this could easily be purposeful (and I apologize, it probably is), it'd be nice to get much brighter lighting, and a little bit of shine on the underside (helping define it from the background, as well as match the bright background lighting).

voriax
03-05-2007, 04:19 PM
Mmm, very nice clouds. :D What are you using for these? And same question, mountain / forests?

My guess would be .. a camera.
It's a photo backdrop.

To me, there's something missing.. maybe some depth of field? At the moment the UFO doesn't integrate properly with the background. Possibly lighting. The top of the UFO dome shouldn't really be so dark since the sky is pretty bright, even though it's cloudy. Also as someone mentioned, the highlights on the surface are too uniform, where if the object was man-made, there would be imperfections. As someone said, it looks too clean.

I do like some of the subtle lighting on the underside though.. looks nice :)

risingsuns
03-06-2007, 03:24 PM
Perhaps a bit of fog would do the trick?...something to link the forground with the backgorund anyway.

nthused
03-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Love the magazine, love the image...the only thing to me...I'd probably lighten the top right side of the ship to simulate the blown-out clouds affecting it. That and rotate the ship slightly counterclockwise - just so that with windows aren't centered as they are now and would catch the light better at a lower incidence angle.

Again..very nice work.