PDA

View Full Version : TC in frames

vncnt
03-04-2007, 08:13 AM
Is there a way to display the TimeCode in frames?
I never use the HH:MM time format in LW animations, frames are easier.
Thanks,
Vincent

djlithium
05-05-2007, 05:04 AM
What you want is something like this onscreen and available as an option on render.

http://www.battlestarvfx.com/TCExample_SpeedEdit_HowItShouldLook.mov

Let me know if this gives you a rush. This is what I want speededit to display in the video window and on render out if selected.
It would change appropriate information based on clip being passed over by the TL edit marker automatically during play back or scrubbing.
Maybe also add a frame of the project duration as well, here its just the clip. This is the template format that we used all the time on BSG for sending previs or revisions of effect to editorial for our VFX editor.
Comments!?

Please make em :)
Please make this feature happen newtek. Should be in VT5 and SpeedEdit!

Bobt
05-06-2007, 02:37 PM
WOW thats awesome and just whats needed.

SBowie
05-06-2007, 05:25 PM
Not to veer off course here, as nice as that is I really suspect the original post is asking for a frame count option (for the timeline, Trim Bay, Clip properties window, etc.) ... not a tc overlay.

djlithium
05-06-2007, 10:51 PM
Hey Steve.
I know what you are getting at. Indeed the TC window area on the control portion of the should have more options like frame count and an indicator of what the project format is on it as well. The overlay I am suggesting is something that would help to compliment that.

SBowie
05-07-2007, 06:53 AM
The overlay I am suggesting is something that would help to compliment that.Absolutely - a complementary function, not a direct substitute ... just clarifying for the benefit of all readers.

p.s. - project format is displayed in the output window border, but maybe you have more in mind?

djlithium
05-15-2007, 06:18 AM
Well part of other systems display TC along with frame and field info. That should be an option to display as well if pushing to a fielded format or to another format where the frame rate changes. Like 24P to 29.97 Drop etc etc.