PDA

View Full Version : replace object

lsddigital
03-04-2007, 05:50 AM
Hi!

Can I replace an object in a scene by another objects from another scene?

I mean, I have a low poly object, animated in a "preview" scene... when it will be finish.. I need replace that object by another new, the new object have his own lights, nulls, and his own animations.

Can I do that?... how?

Thanks

Ma3rk
03-04-2007, 11:36 AM
Replacing Scene Items, pg. 83 in the Layout PDF file.

Cageman
03-04-2007, 12:24 PM
Hmm.. I don't have the PDF manual for LW8.x... (only for LW9.0 and 9.2). And I can't donwload the 8.x manual from my account at NT-registration... weird eh? :)

But as you can see, he wants to replace an object from another scene, not an object with another object (well, that is what would happen, just that the animation etc would be brought into the scene as well as the object, replacing the animation as well as the object).

lsddigital
03-04-2007, 01:04 PM
Replacing Scene Items, pg. 83 in the Layout PDF file.

donīt say nothing about it.

it say you can replace an object from another one, but not from another scene...

I think you can not do it in just one step.

Silkrooster
03-04-2007, 06:00 PM
There should be an option in the file menu to load object from a scene. But not sure how to animate it. Perhaps some lscript?
Silk

Cageman
03-06-2007, 03:02 PM
An animated object in Scene 1 will be keep the animation if imported in Scene 2 using Load Object From Scene. Instead of selecting an object, you select the scene. Simple! This will load the animated object into the scene, however, there is no way to REPLACE an object from Scene 2 with another object from Scene 1... REPLACE is the keyword here...