PDA

View Full Version : LW confusing images

gschrick
03-03-2007, 04:55 PM
Not sure how to explain this odd intermitent problem properly, so I'll just give an example.

I have a scene with an image mapped to a surface let's call the image "bob". I load the scene and in the image and surface editor "bob" is listed and shown correctly in the thumbnail view. But in the layout window and in the render it's another image, usually the Glarestreaks image from LW's reflections directory. Even if I replace the "Bob" with "bob" it will still display and render as a different image. I can reload the scene and sometimes it will load all the image maps correctly and sometimes it will confuse a different image in the scene.

I checked and rechecked my content directory, everything seems fine. And this used to happen to me in LW 8.5 as well. It's really annoying if I am batch rendering and don't know the images are swapped until I compile the animation.

Any thoughts?

Elmar Moelzer
03-03-2007, 06:29 PM
Is the glarestreaks image loaded too? If so, could it be that you have it mapped on the surfaces as well.. with an alpha or something on the bob image?
CU
Elmar

gschrick
03-03-2007, 10:20 PM
Yes, glarestreaks is loaded in the scene, but alpha is disabled. I frequently work back and forth on the same scene on a PC and a MAC. I can't remember ever having this problem on the MAC.

And if it was a alpha mapping problem, wouldn't I get the problem consistently? It could very well be something I have setup on my PC. I'm running XP x64 (dual Opteron processors) and an NVIDIA Quadro FX 500. As far as I know the display drivers are up to date.

This problems happens in LW 32bit. Haven't run across it in 64bit yet, but I don't usually use that version.

It's an odd little glitch.

Exception
03-04-2007, 11:45 AM
Did you upgrade to 9.2 yet? It's still in beta, but it's very stable.
It fixes some of these things by changing the way items are tracked within the scene.

gschrick
03-04-2007, 03:34 PM
No, I haven't upgraded to 9.2. I was waiting for the official release.

Exception
03-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Do it now.
9.2 OB14 is better than 9.0 release. By a long shot.

jameswillmott
03-04-2007, 06:54 PM
A long, long shot. :)

Snosrap
03-05-2007, 02:36 PM
It fixes some of these things by changing the way items are tracked within the scene.

But not this! We have had it since V.8! Time to kill this one Newtek.

Cheers
Snos

Exception
03-05-2007, 02:51 PM
Weird.
Sent in a bug report?

gschrick
03-05-2007, 03:48 PM
yep, that's exactly the problem. I'm sort of glad it's not happening to just me.

gschrick
03-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Sent in bug report.

Bog
03-06-2007, 08:20 AM
Yeah, I've had that once or twice. Usually five minutes before a deadline. *whine!* A reboot usually fixes it, though I obsessively avoid Save All Objects and generally terminate the task rather than exiting LightWave politely.

Not that I'm paranoid.
Well, maybe a little.
No.
Er, yes.

Iain
03-06-2007, 10:23 AM
I get that one when changing from one scene to another. Just shutting down Layout and Modeller and starting them up again fixes it.