PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Lightwave 7.5 install

thekho
02-19-2003, 04:49 PM
Hi, everyone

I recieved my Lightwave 7.5 and 10 free training DVD :).

I have been trying install rainbow from USB first then run SETUP.EXE from LW CD-ROM on my PC (Window XP) but my computer says
"Install
Internall Error 2711. Content"
and
"feature transfer error
Error:- 1603 Fatal error during installation consult Window Installer Help (Msi.chm) or MSDN for more information"

I have not clue to how fix this problem. I know little about PC for 4 months because i was mac user.

Could you please help me to sort it out this problem with my Lightwave.

Thank you for your help

Best Regerds

Keddy

P.S. Sorry about my bad english, because i am deaf. I am not good at english. If you do not understand about my english then please let me know about it and i will ask my friend to write clear english which make you understand. Thanks again.

hrgiger
02-19-2003, 11:12 PM
Keddy,

your english is fine, and I understand what you're saying no problem.

I'm not for sure, but there are two things I might suggest.

First, and I'm sure this isn't it but you do have your dongle attached to your machine, yes?

Secondly, I remember when I first installed LW on windows 2000, I needed to install sentinel drivers first. Can anyone else chime in on that one? I don't run XP right now so I'm not sure. Do you need the sentinel drivers?

thekho
02-21-2003, 04:48 AM
Hi, everyone

I let you know no need to help me because i have been e-mailing to tech from newtek-europe. They told me about my Lightwave CD has fault and they will send me a replacement one for couple of days:(

Thank you all and tech from newtek-europe for helped me.

Best Regerds

Keddy

Matt
02-21-2003, 03:56 PM
Just to add to what hrgiger said.

I installed LightWave on a Windows 2000 machine and later a new Windows XP Pro machine and had the SAME problems with LightWave not detecting the dongle, even though the Sentinal Drivers were installed first.

When I installed the Sentinal drivers I thought I was being clever by installing JUST the USB driver, I thought USB dongle, USB driver, makes sense!

However EVERY time I did this LightWave wouldn't recognise that the dongle was there.

So this is what worked for me on both 2000 and XP:

1) Make sure the dongle is not connected to your PC

2) Cancel the installer that auto-runs when you put the CD in

3) Run the Sentinal drivers installer and leave it on the easy install option (don't customise it)

4) Restart

5) Put your dongle in and let Windows do it's thing

6) Run the LightWave installer

Hope that helps.

Matt

thekho
02-24-2003, 02:52 PM
Hi, Matt

I tried to do it many times as you said (above).
I still had same problem (see my pic)

I'm waiting for recieve replacement CD from Newtek-europe.

Thank you for your help.

Best Regerds

Keddy

thekho
02-24-2003, 02:54 PM
then other pic

Intuition
02-24-2003, 06:10 PM
Ok non new system or anything.

Had 7.5 on it previously.

I reformatted due to some bad bug in windows that slowed down my computer to a crawl. 2.4ghz going about 400 mhz.

anyways long story short re installed everything and now cant get 7.5 working.

The installer doesnt ask me which directory 7.0b is in it just stops and gives me the error.

need to get working