PDA

View Full Version : XP can't see

quinn
06-18-2003, 10:01 PM
I'm going through the Lightwave 7.5 Primer by Patrik Beck but I'm having trouble opening scenes and objects from the tutorial disc. When Lightwave asks me if I want to choose another scene, I choose no and Lightwave opens the scene but without any visible objects. Secondly, all the objects and scenes icons on my computer look like a white swatch and I have to keep telling my computer which program to open them with. It's as if my computer doesn't know Lightwave is installed. I have a 100 percent legal version of LW so I don't understand why my computer is having so much trouble opening things up. Any help would be greately appreciated.

Simon
06-19-2003, 12:47 PM
Your first problem is that your content directory is set wrong. If you're loading the scenes straight off the cd you'd need to set it to something like ...

R:\Projects

or whatever your cd drive is. 'Projects' would need to be the folder that directly contains the 'Objects' 'Images' folders etc. It's probably easier if you don't load it straight off the cd though, bung it onto your hard drive so you can save your progress in the same content directory.

The second problem, you need to open explorer>tools>folder options and assign Lightwave.exe to .lws files etc.