PDA

View Full Version : Need LW company to partner on some projects

heynewt
03-02-2007, 01:00 PM
Hi,

We're a small 2 man LW based effects house in Chapel Hill, NC. We're just getting swamped with work, and we're looking for another LW based animation house to help with some upcoming projects.

If you go to our website you'll see we do a lot of different animations for broadcast clients and corporate clients.

What's growing at the moment is our engineering/forensic/science clients. Basically we're looking for a company that does exactly what we do. The specific skills we need (and that we're having a hard time finding people who can do it) are as follows.

1. Good solid LW skills, but not photorealism. For these forensic animations the budgets don't allow for GI or highly detailed models. We're always dealing more with models that are facsimiles of the real thing. The clients actually like it better when people know they're watching a forensic recreation and not the real thing.
2. The ability to tell a story with animation. This is extremely important in a 3 minute forensic animation. This is the most important skill you can bring. Staging the shots so that they tell a story and logically follow the script of how a particular engineering accident unfolded is just so important. I can't stress this enough. It's the skill most difficult to find among animators who usually are just assigned a single shot to do.
3. A strong foundation in hypervoxels. Every scene we do usually has escaping gas, liquid, or fire in these forensic recreations.
4. Our client's budgets are definitely in the modest range. But the volume of work is high.

If you're interested, and you think you would like to work with us, then please send an email to the contact on our website. Please link to something we can look at. Again, please don't send us your most "impressive" LW work. If you have it, please link to a simple animation in which you told a story, either forensic, or science based. That's what we'd like to see. If you're a high-end logo, commercial, tv compositing, character animator I say wow, I wish I had your skills, but I can't afford you, and you'd probably be bored doing these types of animations. So please only people/companies who do what we do need to contact us.

Robert Newton
www.robert-newton.com

ren_at_home
03-07-2007, 09:23 PM
Hi Robert,

sent you a mail...
wonder if you go it?

best regards,

Ren

heynewt
03-08-2007, 07:06 AM
Hi Ren,

Yes, got it. Thanks so much for sending it in. We got dozens of replies. Trying to get a free moment to get a response to everyone by this weekend, though sifting through all the reels is going to take some time.

Robert Newton
Robert Newton Productions, Inc.
www.robert-newton.com

adamgibson
03-08-2007, 11:37 PM
Hi there,

I am very interested in doing any work you can farm out to us.....I've been using Lightwave Since about 1994, since the Video Toaster Commodore Amiga 3000 Days.

Here is a link to our site. We are interested in making money......but we are more interested in making modest amounts of money on a regular basis and not huge amounts every once in a while......So if that sounds good then I'm sure we can work something out.

We are totally comfortable and proficient with working with particle effects and hypervoxels etc.......(fire, wind, smoke, dust, explosions, snow, rain, flying debris, electricity effects, etc).... And the use of Collision Objects, Wind, Gravity and Path Wind functions to control the path of the particles/hypervoxels......

If you would be interested in allowing us to try one job to get the feel of what we can bring to your company please feel free to contact us anytime.

Here is our website below where you can see demos of some of our work. You can actually download our full DEMO-REEL.....or individual clips. They are Quicktime Movies and are clean and clear.

Have a Great Day,

Adam Gibson

www.talentnexus.com
Email: [email protected]

Hi,

We're a small 2 man LW based effects house in Chapel Hill, NC. We're just getting swamped with work, and we're looking for another LW based animation house to help with some upcoming projects.

If you go to our website you'll see we do a lot of different animations for broadcast clients and corporate clients.

What's growing at the moment is our engineering/forensic/science clients. Basically we're looking for a company that does exactly what we do. The specific skills we need (and that we're having a hard time finding people who can do it) are as follows.

1. Good solid LW skills, but not photorealism. For these forensic animations the budgets don't allow for GI or highly detailed models. We're always dealing more with models that are facsimiles of the real thing. The clients actually like it better when people know they're watching a forensic recreation and not the real thing.
2. The ability to tell a story with animation. This is extremely important in a 3 minute forensic animation. This is the most important skill you can bring. Staging the shots so that they tell a story and logically follow the script of how a particular engineering accident unfolded is just so important. I can't stress this enough. It's the skill most difficult to find among animators who usually are just assigned a single shot to do.
3. A strong foundation in hypervoxels. Every scene we do usually has escaping gas, liquid, or fire in these forensic recreations.
4. Our client's budgets are definitely in the modest range. But the volume of work is high.

If you're interested, and you think you would like to work with us, then please send an email to the contact on our website. Please link to something we can look at. Again, please don't send us your most "impressive" LW work. If you have it, please link to a simple animation in which you told a story, either forensic, or science based. That's what we'd like to see. If you're a high-end logo, commercial, tv compositing, character animator I say wow, I wish I had your skills, but I can't afford you, and you'd probably be bored doing these types of animations. So please only people/companies who do what we do need to contact us.

Robert Newton
www.robert-newton.com[/QUOTE]

adamgibson
03-08-2007, 11:39 PM
Hi there,

We are very interested in doing any work you can farm out to us.....I've been using Lightwave Since about 1994, since the Video Toaster Commodore Amiga 3000 Days.

Here is a link to our site. We are very interested in making money......but we are more interested in making modest amounts of money on a regular basis and not huge amounts every once in a while......So if that sounds good then I'm sure we can work something out.

We are totally comfortable and proficient with working with particle effects and hypervoxels etc.......(fire, wind, smoke, dust, explosions, snow, rain, flying debris, electricity effects, etc).... And the use of Collision Objects, Wind, Gravity and Path Wind functions to control the path of the particles/hypervoxels......

If you would be interested in allowing us to try one job to get the feel of what we can bring to your company please feel free to contact us anytime.

Here is our website below where you can see demos of some of our work. You can actually download our full DEMO-REEL.....or individual clips. They are Quicktime Movies and are clean and clear.

Have a Great Day,

Adam Gibson

www.talentnexus.com
Email: [email protected]

Hi,

Robert Newton
www.robert-newton.com[/QUOTE]

heynewt
03-09-2007, 04:35 AM
Thanks for the reply and the link Adam. You're the last through the door here. We're officially closing the offer now. We got many more responses than we ever anticipated and are just swamped with trying to go through all of the candidates. Thanks to everyone. We'll be in touch.

I wish I had time to get into a discussion on this forum about the job, but I don't. This will be my last reply on this forum.

Robert Newton