PDA

View Full Version : Fiberfactory or Sasquatch

dennis1234
03-02-2007, 07:53 AM
Hi all

I'm new to Lightwave should be getting LW 9 soon (can't wait:D ). I have been playing with the trial version and with saslite but will need to upgrade that to something with more options, in a pervious thread someone mentioned Fiberfactory. My question is should I choose Fiberfactory or Sasquatch?
What are the advantages of both besides price, can you multi texture hair (salt n pepper) in Fiberfactory the same as Sasquatch? Which produces the best results.

Sorry for all the questions one last one I have Vue 6i and am think about extreme how many you have it and what do you think of the intergration?

Mrjack
03-02-2007, 10:18 AM
personaly i prefer Fiberfactory why:
1.becose its very simple to use
2.more powerful it's realy similar to (shave and hair cut)
3.compatible with node system
3.u can use viper for preview
4.an exelent fiber modeler
5.becaus i love it
but its lil bit slower than sasquatch for rendering..

Phil
03-02-2007, 11:03 AM
Fiber Factory. Unless :

- you are on Mac
- you run the 64-bit version of LW

The 64-bit LW version is, I think, done. The Mac version will only appear with UB LW.

hrgiger
03-02-2007, 12:36 PM
FiberFactory unless:

Worley comes out with Sas2 in the near future.

jasonwestmas
03-02-2007, 12:45 PM
If you want long hair, go with Fiberfactory, or anything but sasquatch (no fast fiber shaper Preview, super lame-o)! If you want things to look furry, then Sas is the bomb!

dennis1234
03-02-2007, 12:52 PM
Mrjack - I thought it had the look of S&H for styling the hair fibers.

How are the dynamics handled does it use LW's dynamic engine or it own?

Thanks everyone for you input, this is a great community with lots of great information

Phil
03-02-2007, 01:41 PM
Fiber Factory uses LW's dynamics. If you're rich enough, it could also use Syflex (apparently). Fiber Factory has no inbuilt dynamics system (yet).

jasonwestmas
03-02-2007, 03:02 PM
True, Sasquatch 'Fur' has it's own dynamics engine, very nice! For long hair guides you have to use LW's Dynamics.

SplineGod
03-03-2007, 08:34 PM
LW dynamics work fine with fiber factory and even Sasquatch or Saslite hair guides. You dont have to apply them to all the hair guides (which could take awhile to calc). You can use a lower rez hair object that the hair guides are metalinked to.