PDA

View Full Version : Found any Podcasts or vidcasts?

Gui Lo
03-02-2007, 06:08 AM
I've been looking a while and I cannot find any Podcasts or vidcasts about Lightwave3d.

Does anyone know of any and can supply a link?

Thanks

Gui Lo

Gui Lo
03-02-2007, 04:09 PM
Well, I guess there isn't any podcasts or vidcasts available for Lightwave so I've kinda decided to start my own.

It will be in the form of short tutorials for the begginer using tools or showing features within Lightwave.

The basic format may be:
Tutorial
Lightwave News
Mail - Questions, hints or additional user techniques.

So, what tools or features would you like to see?

Thanks
Gui Lo

jlyon
03-03-2007, 03:43 AM
I guess the first thing I'd like to see is UV. Always good to see that one. Especially for beginner tutorials. I'll subscribe as soon as you post the link!

Other ideas? Maybe things that seem like they should be simple: rotating/moving to a surface, setting up a totally awesome looking ambient occlusion render (like the ones in the gallery posts...), node basics, texture baking, and just about everything in between. I'd have to check to see what those Proton videos don't cover yet and fill in the big gaps.

Like I said, show me where to sign up!

Thanks!

SplineGod
03-03-2007, 09:31 PM
Ive converted several of my movies to low rez mp4s for some ppl that wanted to view them on PSPs during lunchbreaks etc. The problem is that the videos become too lo rez to read anything clearly. I would recommend making sure that the audio carefully indicates what youre clicking on etc. Another thing to try is recording inside a low rez capture area that follows your curser. :)

Gui Lo
03-05-2007, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the suggestions.
Larry, I hadn't thought of following the cursor. Great idea!
Res is a big issue and I think I will need to get the hang of using the capture software smoothly.

Talking of software capture, can anyone suggest a suitable one for the iBook?

I think a Podcast will be bi-monthly to begin with.

Thanks

Gui Lo