PDA

View Full Version : i admit defeat

Jokerd007
06-18-2003, 08:24 PM
i have learned several other graphics programs with no assitance from books. only a couple tutorials and tons of try and try again.

but i admit defeat.

lightwave is way too complicated to do that with. does anyone have any suggestions on the best book to buy? I have experience with other 3d graphic programs, so i am not a complete newb. any suggestions?

by the way, i have lightwave 7...in case that matters

pospi
06-18-2003, 09:39 PM
well since LW is the ONLY 3d program i learnt, and i did it entirely by tutes, i dont really know....

if you havent tried these then do so:
http://www.ap3d.com/betterspace/betterspace-tut-00.htm

based around a space theme to be sure, but thats pretty much all i needed to learn lightwave other than fiddling about with it randomly for a few months...

marvin
06-19-2003, 01:01 AM
If you want to get a good LW book, there is no better than any book by Dan Ablan. He usually does "Inside Lightwave" books. They kick ***. Just get the latest version (which I think is 7).

marvin

toby
06-19-2003, 01:43 AM
hmm, no manual?

MGuerra
06-19-2003, 09:49 AM
For me, I've been learning by several methods.

- I just play around with things and see how they work.

- I go through some of the many tutorials on our site and around the net.

- I look through the manual to see what the various tools are and what they're supposed to do.

- If I have a question, I can post here and usually expect a responce pretty quickly.

I know these are basic common sense things, but they really do help you get a long way quickly.

Skonk
06-19-2003, 12:28 PM
Dan Ablans books are generally considered the best lw books around, so id go for one of them :)

Jim.

mufty
06-19-2003, 05:28 PM
Giving up on LW has crossed my mind a few times, but after 2 years I'm still using it. Keep experimenting with the different tools, d/l tutorials, read the manual, and get hold of a few books. "The LightWave 6.5/7.0 Project Handbook" by Patrik Beck and the "Inside LightWave" series by Dan Ablan are particularly handy if you're just starting out.

Jokerd007
06-19-2003, 06:11 PM
there is no way that i would give up. i dont give up on things. it is just more in depth than anything i have used in the past