PDA

View Full Version : Scene Editor Adjust Properties Panel

Ma3rk
03-01-2007, 01:24 PM
Hey All,

For the new Scene Editor with LW9, the docs make reference to an Adjustment Properties Panel, but NOT how to access it.

There's even a partial screen shot of it:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43234&stc=1&d=1172780307

Searching older messages, I found two that asked the same question, with two different answers, neither solved the problem.

Now, I can select multiple items (bones in my case) & bring up the normal properties panel with the "p" key and make changes to all items that way, but that's not the same.

So, where is this thing hidden?

M.

Ma3rk
03-02-2007, 12:57 PM
Wow.

Well, I finally found it and literally by accident when my thumb twitched selecting a cell. This is after hours trying to figure out the sketchy clues I could find as how to access this feature. That's prompted me into a need to vent a bit once again about the "documentation" that comes with Lightwave, and to put this somewhat into the public record for the next poor soul with less than 20/20 vison, and caffiene addled fingers & brain cell.

OK, here's where the "button" is located:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43281&stc=1&d=1172863786

What is that... a whopping 5-6 pixels? And I've got a 20" monitor! I finally noticed that the cells that have the option avaiable are delineated by a darkER gray line on a dark gray field. It's accesed by a single LMB click and ONLY if the cursor is in that zone of the selected cell.

This is a completely unique way of accessing a panel that from all the rest of the Lightwave interface. Would it have busted the budget to have some one make a screen shot pointing that out and committing an extra couple of column inches to the PDF file? Sheesh! To whoever is "designing" the interface: Cancel the subscription to Wired and get back to basics please.

Beyond that, the new Scene Editor seems to have a mind of it's own as to displaying the correct, current state of things and toggling, but that's another topic and hopefully one that will be moot when the 9.2 update arrives.

OK. I'm better now. But if another telemarketer calls ..., never mind.

M.

Surrealist.
03-04-2007, 10:51 PM
There was a video on this a while ago.

ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/LightWave/Tutorials/Vidz/property_web.mov

(For anyone needing the info.)

Sorry about your trouble, Ma3rk. good that you found it anyway. :)

Ma3rk
03-05-2007, 12:25 AM
Eh. It just reinforces the learning process.

Thanks for the tip.

M.

toby
03-05-2007, 06:32 PM
Good to know. I NEVER would have figgered that one out!

Not exactly intuitive, and why shouldn't a normal multi-select be good enough?