PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 & OSX also little pictures

Mugatu
06-18-2003, 06:07 PM
Hello 'tis I Mugatu.
Erm this may seem stupid (and probably is ) but I'm curious, can lightwave 6.5 run on OSX? before I try to do so and probably fail misserably, also how do you get those pictures beside your postings in the forum?

Oh yeah and before you say it I am dense.

Beamtracer
06-18-2003, 10:11 PM
Hi Mugatu

To add a picture of yourself click on the 'User CP' link on the main page of this forum.

LW 6.5 was a bit slow on OS X (7.5 is faster), however I still prefered using it on OS X than OS9, as OS X is more stable with Lightwave. Less crashes.

mlinde
06-18-2003, 10:41 PM
6.5 (which was a free update, most .5 releases are not) will run on OS X, but does not include all the standard features, as it was a "pre-release" version of LW when OS X first came out. I don't remember exactly what was missing, but some things were not there. It's enough to get going in OS X, like an appetizer before the main course...

Mugatu
06-19-2003, 05:57 AM
Thanks Guys it's so good to find others that share my passion in lightwave, I
used to live near london where I held a job in graphic design for eight years,
but then my fiance's parents moved to Devon so I gave up my comfortable life
so that she could be closer to them, (the things I do for love) so now I'm stuck in McDonalds earning 4.30 an hour and it sucks, If anyone knows of a job thats going even if it's a junior position I would be very grateful.
Well that was my cry for help hope I didn't sound to desperate (well lets face it I am!) there isn't anywhere to work around here so we both agreed to move to where ever the work is, But more importantly it would be good to be surrounded by lightwave users so I can grow creativley and make my mark within the creative community, I know it's off the subject but it was worth a shot.

many thanks
Darren