PDA

View Full Version : Camera Problem

Chuckpie
02-28-2007, 12:34 PM
The problem is I have a camera looking down(overhead shot) on an object that has a morph mixer to rotate the object along the x z axis. When I move the morph mixer slider the object rotates fine, however toward the 0 and 100% ends the object magnifies as if the object was moving along the y axis toward the camera (none of the other objects magnifies). I checked my rotate pivots and they are correct. Also, when I move a camera for a side shot the object does not move on the y axis so that is fine and in modeler with an overhead view and going from base to the morph the view is fine. If anyone could provide a solution I would dance at your wedding. :help:

JamesCurtis
02-28-2007, 05:31 PM
What about spline curves in the morphs?

Tom Wood
02-28-2007, 05:48 PM
Yeah, check the tension, there may be a bit of overshoot happening if the spline tries to smooth the start/finish.

Chuckpie
02-28-2007, 07:40 PM
both of you guys seem to have the same general solution, however as a newbie I could use a little more direction, like where to look and what to look for. TNX:D

JamesCurtis
02-28-2007, 08:08 PM
When you create a motion or morph envelope for an object, camera, light or just about anything in LW there are adjustments that can be made. If you are using a Camera motion that you've created, you can open the Graph Editor for it and adjust the splines. Ideally you want to have the spline curve to be smooth.

If you have trouble understanding this, I'd recommend you look in the manual for imore nfo on the graph editors and envelopes.

Here is a quick pic of what I'm talking about though.

Chuckpie
03-01-2007, 05:40 AM
Curtis;
I did not get what you were saying until you sent the picture. The graph editor was one of the first things I checked and everything looked good. I plan on a process of elemination today by using the first camera for the view if I have the same problem I will build a simpler test object. I was just testing the waters to see if anyone has ever had this issue. As still a newbie I can tell you I have tried other forums and this forum and the way people try to help make this forum the most friendly and user knowledagble of all of them. :lwicon: :thumbsup:
TNX Chuck