PDA

View Full Version : Texture Not Saving

philipsavage
02-28-2007, 05:46 AM
Can anybody tell me why this is happening and a solution hopefully.
An image that is projected on an object is not updated in the save command, nor does the image editor get updated.
When I load up the scene the old image appears in the scene and in the image editor, the new image is nowhere to be found.
I have deleted the old image from the image editor and trashed the actual file but LW ask for it on scene load.
It's getting a might tedious to load the image texture up everytime I load the scene with all the pos and scale attribiutes.
No other texture maps have been effected.
I guess it's one of those config files.
Thanks

iconoclasty
02-28-2007, 08:05 AM
It sounds like your setting the image up in Layout, which is fine, but you have to save your object. If you change the texture of the object, save your scene, then close, your object will revert to what it was before. You have to choose file-save current object (or all objects) in order for your texture changes to stay with your objects.
At least that's what it sounds like is happening.

philipsavage
02-28-2007, 08:34 AM
Well, its so often we forget the obvious, as in this case.
Thanks for reminding me Iconoclasity, much appreciated.

iconoclasty
02-28-2007, 02:16 PM
:thumbsup:

Chuckpie
03-01-2007, 06:30 PM
One would think it would be rather easy for Lightwave to have a pop up box asking you if you wish to save your edited graphics with your scene. I guess that is too simple, I dont know how many times I have made minor changes and lost them because I did'ent save the objects. One problem is if you find you need to reuse the original objects, then you have to redo your edits. Seems like a lot of wasted time instead of saving them with your scene, but what do I know. :hey:

iconoclasty
03-01-2007, 08:07 PM
In version 9 doesn't it prompt you if some objects have been changed when you exit. I know I've seen that message that gives you a last chance to save your objects.

Sensei
03-01-2007, 09:46 PM
Try mine plug-in SaveSceneAndAllObjects http://www.trueart.eu/?URIType=Directory&URI=Products/Plug-Ins/SaveSceneAndAllObjects
I am not using anything else to save in Layout..

philipsavage
03-02-2007, 03:14 AM
I am still using 8.5, mainly because the problems experienced by some writers to this forum with the hub. I have seen a prompt when closing layout, informing that the object has changed and do I want to save objects aswell, but I can't remember exactly what circumstances prompt this.

iconoclasty
03-02-2007, 09:37 AM
Yeah, I'm not sure but the prompt didn't seem to appear all the time. I only see it every once and a while, but maybe that's just because I've gotten good at saving my objects.

Chuckpie
03-02-2007, 09:58 PM
I guess I am not getting it. I downloaded your Save Scene & Objects plug in, however when I try to use it a window flashes on and off so quickly I cannot read what it says. I was looking for a plug in that would allow one to save the complete scene, objects, textures, effects and images(at least copies) all to any location I wish to save the file to. I cannot see that this plug in can do that or I am doing something wrong.

Sensei
03-02-2007, 10:11 PM
SaveSceneAndAllObjects indeed disables warning windows to make this process faster and does Save Scene, then Save All Objects, like you would be pressing these menus/short-cuts manually.. But quickly and without unnecessary messages.. Make change to textures, use SaveSceneAndAllObjects and reload scene.. You should see that texture changes are still there like you would use Save All Objects..

Sensei
03-03-2007, 12:23 AM
BTW, if you want to save scene and everything in one location you should check out File > Content Manager and select Export Scene.. This will allow you pick up location where everything scane related should be placed..

SaveSceneAndAllObjects from beginning was intended to be "press and forget"..

Snosrap
03-03-2007, 04:52 PM
In version 9 doesn't it prompt you if some objects have been changed when you exit. I know I've seen that message that gives you a last chance to save your objects.

9.2!

Snos