PDA

View Full Version : to MLON - your mailbox is full! :)

jin choung
02-28-2007, 01:57 AM
ummm... this is for mlon but his mailbox is currently full so please excuse me as i post here. also, if anyone as any input to his particular dilemma, any input is welcome i'm sure.

hi mlon,

thanks! actually they're my friend's ferrets. adorable things look like elongated teddy bears up close. :)

unfortunately, i'm definitely not an expert on blender... hmmm... since on a new install with a computer that never had blender on it, you get the new mousing scheme, the only thing i can think of is that when you uninstalled the previous blender, it did not remove settings files.

y'know when you install the new version, it asks you where you want to save the blender system settings? whether in folder or in the windows root? check to see where that directory for the windows root is and delete any blender folders/files.

also might want to check blender folder too.... try uninstalling completely and then deleting the folder as well (or make sure it is deleted).

(and then maybe do a search for blender* on c: and see if anything comes up... if so, delete).

then install again.

that's the only thing i can think of but it's gotta be an unremoved system setting or cfg file somewhere.

luck.

jin

jin choung
02-28-2007, 02:02 AM
oh hey,

and mlon, did you try using the lw style mouse controls on your work computer?

because in the new versions, the lw style mousing works but the middle mouse button does indeed rotate as well....

jin

-EsHrA-
02-28-2007, 10:42 AM
ha! just came back from work and got a mail telling my box was full! indeed!..
after deleting some messages i stumbled across this post.. !
huh?!... :) a thread that says, 'mlon ur mailbox is full' is funny to find on teh forums.. anyways, thanks for that! :)

ferrets you say, i really though it were puppies, sorry! they still look so cute!

about blender, i first asked on blender irc channel after noticing the problem i had, teh peeps there said i was crazy.. well, maybe.. :)

BUT!!... i found what to do... still weird it 'changed' at work since i know exacly what i did which was nothing :) install, done, lw controls at home.. same thing at work 'default blender controls'...

so.. i tried clicking 'emulate 3 button mouse' in blender but it would not activate.... only after selecting 'select with right mouse button' i could also activate '3 button mouse' . .. et voila! lw style controls.. yes middle mouse still rotates but all other controls are like lw. nice..

ok, well, thanks man for helping me out and replying in such a funny way :)

btw. im getting quite confortable in blender so if you have any questions for me, shoot!

cheers mate,

mlon

Signal to Noise
02-28-2007, 12:26 PM
Ferrets are just rats with a stretch modifier attached. :p

jin choung
03-01-2007, 01:20 AM
i said TEDDY BEARS!!!

:)

actually, i was very surprised to find out they weren't rodents and were carnivorous.... their species (?) is mustelidae and they are related to wolverines and weasels... in case you were interested....

jin

colkai
03-01-2007, 01:36 AM
Indeed, ferrets are ideal for hunting out vermin, not to mention making a fine addition to the dog and hawk when out for game. :)

parm
03-01-2007, 02:36 AM
Indeed, ferrets are ideal for hunting out vermin, not to mention making a fine addition to the dog and hawk when out for game. :)

Armed to the teeth! Literally :D