PDA

View Full Version : SpeedEdit and LW: LWConnect

UnCommonGrafx
02-27-2007, 12:23 PM
Many of you have been following and investing in SpeedEdit, NewTek's newest product. Since you already have LW, I figure many of you will also be quite interested in VT/SpeedEdit's most prolific 3rd party developer Bob Tasa's newly ported tool, LWConnect.

LWConnect came about because I was quite frustrated that I couldn't do higher end things with my VTEdit. Bob came about with interest and we had a few days conversation when he sent me the prototype. I was thrilled, to say the least. Here's the gist of its operation.
With images or movie clips, you place the lwc Effect under the section of the timeline to work on. Press a button and a preview panel comes up that allows you to preview a pre-rendered example of available scenes.
Once picked, press a button and lw is opened for you to either tweak or immediately render the scene. Once the scene is rendered it automatically shows back up on the timeline within the confines of the effect.

Shucks, it's a lot cooler than this reads. :D Here, let me get a little less restrained here: this is a way for you to pick any section of the timeline to add some lw goodness to; this is a way to do montages in 3d based on the timing from you editing app; this is a way to do your own 3d based dves, customized for every situation.

Truly, I am restraining how cool this tool though I am rambling on about it. :hey: Suffice it to say, this is an idea that came about after watching Quantel-like boxes at work at NAB. Bob did a bang up job on that that I think you guys ought to know about. He has a thread here:
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64402

Check it out. Thanks.

Silkrooster
02-27-2007, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Do you know if this will be a commercial product or a freebie?
Silk

UnCommonGrafx
02-27-2007, 05:00 PM
Definitely a commercial product.
If I can find the flash stuff I did for it I'll post it so folks can see the initial offering.

I'm also hoping that we can all get together to do scenes for it. I did the first 100 or so but there are lots more that can be done, particularly now that lw will render the 'hard' stuff much faster.

A very, very powerful combination for ones laptop. Even moreso if you have a render garden available to your editing suite as you could then set up batch renders and much longer renders for montages and the like.

UnCommonGrafx
02-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Here's a directory of some of the scenes included. Also, a description of the scenes naming protocol:
Scenes are named based on the number of planes in the scenes, their frame count and as descriptive a title as the creator can muster. ;) Enjoy.
http://www.uncommongrafx.com/LWConnect/

Bog
02-28-2007, 08:56 AM
Having some playback problems, but it basically looks like you can use LW to build 3D DVEs and bung 'em stright into SpeedEDIT as a transition.

You know what this means.....

RETURN OF THE SHEEP WIPE!!!!

That's very cool - definately having some of that action when it's released!

Jim_C
02-28-2007, 09:01 AM
http://www.bobfx.com/lwconnect/LWConnectUse.html

Bog
02-28-2007, 09:12 AM
Only one question:

When can I buy this?

UnCommonGrafx
02-28-2007, 09:18 AM
Bog,
It's even more crazy if you are willing to and able to work your way around LW. You do book work, right? Oh yeah, this could make your work that much more dynamic.

What kind of playback issues might you be having?