PDA

View Full Version : Animated HDRI?

benny_stupid
02-27-2007, 09:09 AM
Is it posible to have animated HDRI for our animation?

iconoclasty
02-27-2007, 10:42 AM
You could have an HDRI sequence. It would likely be a major pain to produce but it should (theoretically) be possible.

Wonderpup
02-27-2007, 12:54 PM
You can use non hdri images for gi lighting- not as good but a sequence would be easier to make.

SplineGod
02-27-2007, 06:47 PM
You could for example, render out a sequence from LW in an HDR format and reuse it as a sequence. :)

Dave Jerrard
03-02-2007, 06:43 PM
I have seen one HDR video camera a couple years ago. It wasn't cheap, but it does show that someone is developing an HDR motion system capable of creating an animated series of HDR frames.

As for doing it yourself, that's another story. Unless you go with Larry's suggestion fo rendering one out.

He Who Can't Think Of Any Other Methods At The Moment.

bsales
03-03-2007, 03:30 AM
I remember seeing some "Behind the scenes" material from Stealth a while ago. Digital Domain rendered HDR environment sequences and used that for lighting and reflections for the planes. I think it was a combo of distant sky and land from a version of Terragen combined with proprietary volumetric cloud renders. They cold also render the same sequence with a normal camera as the background plate. Seemed like a pretty smart approach.