PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading to 7.5...Some Questions???

dragonfollower
06-18-2003, 02:41 PM
Hi,

I'm wanting to upgrade my version of Lightwave to 7.5 and I have some questions on how I'd go about doing this. This all is a bit confusing for me. Please forgive any stupid questions.

1) I own LW 5.5 (not 5.6) ACADEMIC and I want to upgrade to 7.5 COMMERCIAL. Will it cost me anything extra because I own 5.5 instead of 5.6?

2) I want to order through Share Harbor (http://sharbor.com) because it seems to be cheaper($399). Will I still get the free upgrade to LW 8 and the DFX deal?

3) Does the 7.5 upgrade come with the CD, manual and box (I already know I won't get one for 8)?

4) I read something about paying an additional $99 for a CD and Manual for LW8. How would I go about doing this?

Thanks in advance!

-Brian Taylor

Earl
06-18-2003, 04:17 PM
Versions 5.5 and 5.6 both share the same comercial license. 5.6 was a free patch to 5.5, just like 7.5 is a free update for 7.0 users. I think you have to order through NewTek to get the DXF+ deal. If you order the upgrade to 7.5 from Safe Harbor, you should get the typical box with manuals (unless they've changed their practices!). You will also be eligable for the free update to 8.0, but as you stated, you will not get manuals or the box with that, you'll have to download it. If you wanted the manuals, you'd simply call up NewTek and order them over the phone (for $99). Then they'd ship it to you. If you order the update from 5.5 academic to 7.5 commercial from NewTek, they should send you the manuals and box - however, I don't think that will get you the DXF+ deal. To get that, you either have to upgrade to 8.0 from 7.5, or order 8.0 without the upgrade price. Since you would be getting the upgrade to 8.0 for free, you'd have to spend the extra bucks to upgrade again (I guess?)....or order a new seat of LightWave.

If I were you, I'd call up NewTek and ask them in over the phone - they might be able to work something out for you to go from 5.5 to 8.0 with DXF+...

If I'm mistaken about any of this, someone please correct me. :cool: