PDA

View Full Version : Photons of Light

axaboss
02-26-2007, 07:48 PM
How would someone go about doing multi-colored light torpedoes resembling time lapse traffic footage? Animated image maps? Particles with a rainbow gradient? Simple 2, 3 or 4 point polys in motion with heavy motion blur (300%)?

They also have to be able to move along a curved roadway or path.

Any suggestions. I'll post the results.

Mr Maze
02-26-2007, 10:44 PM
I don't know if this will help or not, but my boss is from the old school of effects:

“Under-cranking”, filming at a frame rate slower than the projection rate, equals faster action on screen. “Over-cranking”, filming at a frame rate faster than the projection rate, equals slow-motion. The terms come from the era when cameramen actually hand-cranked their cameras at a rhythmic rate that approximated the speed of the film projector…" - Bruce Dorn, DGA

What I am getting at is if you render your animation at 15 frames per second and play it back at 29.96/30 you can double the speed and intensify any motion blur. Also, maybe you could have the objects follow a spline for the motion path?

toby
02-26-2007, 11:23 PM
Do a search for "Light Trails" on this forum, you'll get lots of posts with lots of info. Celshader is an authority on this too, you'll see her posts in some of the threads -