PDA

View Full Version : Creating Water Planes???

codyburke610
02-25-2007, 06:24 PM
I was trying to make water using this tutorial.
http://www.majesticimaging.com/html/lw_watertut/index.html
So I click on the box and then hit the "n" key. It says to type in 500 km on the x and z and give the box 4 segments in both directions. But when I do everything it says and then hit enter the plane hasn't even been made??? I even tried extending out the 4 grids to 500 km, but still nothing happened. Can someone please post a screen shot of what there "n" box screen setup looks like with all the values typed in? thanks for any help in advance:D
-cody-

toby
02-25-2007, 09:37 PM
Geometry should be created when you press n. Try dragging your box out, then entering the values.

avkills
02-25-2007, 09:55 PM
Maybe the polys are flipped so you can't see them. Try reversing the way you are entering the numbers; or press -f- after you input them and hit -enter-.

-mark

codyburke610
02-26-2007, 08:05 AM
Thanks guys. I did try draging the box out and then entering the values in but that didn't work. I didn't think of flipping the polys so I will try that when I get home and see if that works. Do you guys think im entering the values in the wrong place??? I am entering them in spaces where it says, "Center x.y.z". Is that where I should be entering the 500 km in at? thanks for the help.
-cody-

Twisted_Pixel
02-26-2007, 08:38 AM
If you entering your values under Center x,y & z then that is your problem as that is the location of the 'Center' of your box, not its size.

Twisted_Pixel
02-26-2007, 08:41 AM
And just to be a little more helpful, i assume this is what you are after.

codyburke610
02-26-2007, 01:48 PM
Thanks Twisted_Pixel:D Thats exactly what I was doing wrong. And thanks for posting up the screen shot that also helped.:thumbsup:
-cody-