PDA

View Full Version : LW9 doesn't like BESM Shader?

Mikewave
02-25-2007, 08:01 AM
I have this scene with an object in it that has the big eyes, small mouth v1.1 shader as a texture. It renders fine in lw8.5, but in 9.0 it crashes layout when I hit render after 5% complete. First I thought it was becouse the obj was textured in lw8, but even when I create a cube and slam a besm shader on it (all in lw9), it still crashes at the start of rendering...

Yeah, I know, finishing the project in lw8 would make sense, but I want to know if anyone else had/has this problem and if someone knows what's cousing this...

cresshead
02-25-2007, 08:15 AM
will have a look

cresshead
02-25-2007, 08:32 AM
no it works...you CAN kill it with using the advanced tab with a different light power....could it be this that's killing your scene?

Mikewave
02-25-2007, 09:18 AM
Nopes, lightpower in advanced tab is kept to default linear on one light in the scene, the other two lights are unchecked...

Thanks though

Mikewave
02-25-2007, 09:29 AM
ok, I tried it again with a simple cube and that works now (don't know why not before), but the scene with the object in it still won't render more than 5.5%, so I'm guessing it has to do with my object. It's a simple robot with bones and two nulls to move the arms...

Any other sugestions?