PDA

View Full Version : Record video in MPEG-2 Format

rmilam
02-24-2007, 08:20 PM
Avi files are to large. Converting them to MPEG-2 take forever. We want to make DVD's to distribute to our members.

DrVideo
02-27-2007, 02:40 PM
Or offer a choice of codecs in which to encode the video to!:thumbsup:

Gordon
03-01-2007, 01:25 PM
We use a standalone DVD recorder to do the real time conversion to MPG2. Then we use TMPGEnc DVD Author to import the 90 minute video to the computer hard drive and add menu and chapters (still using TMPGEnc DVD author) and make our master for the church service. The whole process to make a Master with menus takes about 40 minutes.

We are also thinking about using a second computer with an MPG2 encoder card to encode the video direct to a computer hard drive in real time. This would save us the step of transferring the video from the DVD disc to the computer, (about 15 minutes).

Once the master is made then one of the volunteers takes it home and makes copies.

vanderwielen
03-16-2007, 08:53 AM
I suspect there's an easier way. Buy the USB Hauppauge WINTV product, take the output of the Toaster to the input to the WINTV product, install the software and it should fly. You'll need to launch tricaster holding the shift key to get back to windows to launch the Hauppauge Software. I've not tried this, but it's on my list of things to do and should work.