PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Free Help

hamite1212
02-24-2007, 01:55 PM
LittleShots Productions, LLC is needing free help in finishing up a 22 minute presentation for missionaries. Most work is done but now there's a lot of tweaking in texturing, modeling repair for animation, lighting and etc. We need at least 7 Lightwavers for this help and later payment for that help when monies are available. Interns are welcomed without pay and names will be added on credits and keeping the intern(s) that has the die hard passion on salary for future work.

Located in Lakeland, FL between Tampa and Orlando

Call Steve West 863 581 5572 or email: [email protected]

JamesCurtis
03-10-2007, 03:02 PM
Spec work is usually frowned upon. I've been bitten once on the idea of pay for future work and lost dearly from it. People DO have bills to pay after all. We make our living doing this stuff - it's not a hobby!!

Sorry.

Cageman
03-10-2007, 03:24 PM
Some people have stated on these forums that they use and learn LW as a hobby. I understand that freelancers or full time workers (like me) in this industry either can't afford to do things for free, or they want to do other things than 3D on their sparetime.

Some of the hobby projects I did for free was interesting enough for a studio to pick me up as an intern and later offer me job. From the gathered worksamples of things I did at that studio as well as the unpaid hobby projects I did earlier led to a full time position within Massive Entertainments Cinematics Team.

EDIT: Bottom line... wether you are doing things for free or not, make them good enough to put into your portfolio (that is what you should be doing if you don't have a job anyways).