PDA

View Full Version : Text >Logo Button does not appear LW9

Paledrak
02-23-2007, 07:18 AM
Hello,
I am very new to 3D software and even more of a noob with LW9. One of the primary reasons for my purchase of LW9 was to create my own logos.

During the course of reading the manual, I noticed the Create >Text >Logo section. However when I goto LW Modeler the Logo tool does not appear in the text menu. I am running on a MAC G5 with LW9.0.

I am sure that this same effort can be easily done in a different manual, however being new to LW I would like to use this feature for now. Any help would be great.

Thanks

scabooba
02-23-2007, 09:07 AM
you can import eps files, or use sytems fonts, and if the logo is in a font you can use that, but I've never seen a logo button, what would that even do?

scabooba
02-23-2007, 09:14 AM
sure enough there is a logo button, but it looks like you have to add the button manually if you want it under create>text>, however all it does is extrude a font, I guess it could be a time saver if you were only using fonts. You'd do just as well extruding your own. You'd be better off doing all the steps by hand for awhile especially as a new user.

Paledrak
02-23-2007, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the information. I think your right, certainly helps learn the interface more.

Thanks again.