PDA

View Full Version : Working with morphs

prospector
02-22-2007, 10:24 AM
Because we don't have individual point control in an overall morph (unless I am missing something), and we STILL :thumbsdow don't have radii morphs, and during a full morph (say elbow or knee) different things happen at different times, I am at a quandry.

During an elbow or knee or facial morph, the bones (of real person) deform skin in a certain fashion when moving, bones easily seen during bend but smooth out when at full bend, dimples come and go during bend, and small but noticable things like that.

So I can do morphs for all that stuff, but then I have to sit and time all the morphs for each use in animation (when dimples come and go, bones project more, then less, skin movement speeds up then slows in certain areas).

So is it possable to COMBINE all the morphs (say overall knee bend for 30 frames) + ( dimple morphs from frames 15 to 25) + (kneecap protrusion from frames 10 to 20) into 1 morph, so I only have 1 thing to control (say FULL KNEE OPERATION MORPH).? (not yelling...name of combined morph slider)....

nukemodular
02-22-2007, 11:57 AM
why donīt u make use of the "set driven key" or "channelfollower" (donīt really know the difference of these two...)...though itīs not realtime...you have to scrub the bar to see itīs action...but have u ever checked out pawels smart morph...itīs really brilliant and usefull for some stuff like this...check it out http://smorph.polas.net/smorph/ :thumbsup:

prospector
02-22-2007, 12:20 PM
was looking into that smartmorph, but I think that every one that uses the model has to have it.
i wa looking into more 'out of the box' remedies.

The other 2 have to be reset for each different animation other than the one I currently work on.
Whereas the morphs stay with model in any animation, unless there is way to permanently 'lock' it to bone info so anyone down the line doesn't have to set it all up each completely different scene usage.

Surrealist.
02-22-2007, 01:07 PM
Do you think there would be a way to use the stress map in some way as a controller for this? From looking at the video it seemed like a pretty powerful and versitile tool and it has E as well as T so it could theoretically be used as a "driver" for other things, do you think? I have not actually played with it yet.

prospector
02-22-2007, 02:11 PM
actually..no, haven't tried it.

In reality...forgot it was there :D ...so much stuff to keep track of

will look into it, but on first thought, I don't think it's saved with anything but scene, so a new scene would again have to be reset.
And that's the problem I am running into on everything so far.

Surrealist.
02-22-2007, 10:47 PM
Actually it is a surface shader. Which I guess is triggered by the movement of the vertices. So it would save by the object.

munky
02-23-2007, 07:07 AM
Hi Prospector,

Nukemodular's on the money. I'd seriously have a look at smartmorph if I were you, it's one of the most useful plugins I have ever bought. Try the demo version and look at the driven key tutorial on Pawels website. It might cost $110 but it is well worth the money. I'm not sure how useful it is but it allows you to group morphs together aswell.

And can't you set up your morphs and if you need them in another scene just use load objects from scene?

hope this helps

regards

paul

prospector
02-23-2007, 07:28 AM
does everyone who uses this model after original morphs are made need the plugin to also use the morphs contained in the file ?
site wasn't clear on that.

munky
02-23-2007, 08:49 AM
Hi Prospector,

I have no Idea what model you mean, but morphs are just morphs so any model that has them, can have them activated by LW's own morph mixer!

regards

Paul

prospector
02-23-2007, 01:46 PM
What I mean is

If I do a model and with smartmorph, do all the morphs in the order they need (like adding 3 morphs into 1 to get only 1 morph), and I send the model to buddy in England, would he need Smart morpf too in order to work them?

Tom Wood
02-23-2007, 02:28 PM
Your models are a lot more complicated than mine so I don't know if every channel you have will work, but morphs and other motions can all be combined in a single MotionMixer motion. All my character models are built from the same base, so transferring motions from one to another works since they are the same. Then you can adjust the speed of the motion in MM.

munky
02-23-2007, 02:33 PM
Hi Prospector,

yes your buddy would need to have smartmorph. If this isn't something that you can do, then You will both have to look at using "jointmorphplus" which is in the deformations tab of your object in layout.

for an example see attached scene, just rotate the pitch of bone2 between 0 and -90 degrees.

hope this helps

regards

paul