PDA

View Full Version : I need nodal help :)

Lottmedia
02-20-2007, 02:19 PM
Ok, so here it is. I'm trying to make a cement-like texture for a model I'm putting together. They are bot set up the exact same way, one with Nodes and the other in the old way. For some reason, the Nodal version has the wierd artifacts. They are using Cubic projection of an image map. Like I said, they are both set up the same. With the nodal version I just added a color layer plugged into the color para and a bump layer into the bump para, both set up exactly how it's done in the traditional "T"s. I wold like to use nodes because there is so much more you can do with them. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Casey :cat:

PS, I can't really take a screenshoton this system, sorry

Lottmedia
02-21-2007, 12:17 PM
Anyone?

dpont
02-21-2007, 12:31 PM
Cubic Mapping in Layer Node seems to be buggy
on lateral side of mapping, use 2DTexture Image Node
instead.

Denis.

Lottmedia
02-21-2007, 03:25 PM
Thanks Denis!! That did the trick. It would have taken me forever to figure that out! Just right now, same with nodal or old style, so I can start doing some nice nodal stuff to it:) thanks so much

Lottmedia
02-21-2007, 03:45 PM
OK, not that anyone is intrested, but here's an update of the texture. (I've got to get this over to my laptop so I can get a grab of the tree) I took a uniform tileable sidewalk texture (Total Textures) Which was way too unform and ran it seperately through some nodes, then reconnected them through a crumple node to get the nice variations. For a beginner stab at it I'm right pleased with myself :) There's still much to do with it but anyway...

Oh, and the model is still far from. I still need to detail it out and all, so be gentle there:)

Thanks again Denis, you're today's Super Person of the Day, huray!!!

(wow, you can practically see the caffine there!)

Skinner3D
02-22-2007, 01:23 PM
:thumbsup: Nice job, but I think the texture looks a little bit like granite covered in ice and snow.

ercaxus
02-22-2007, 02:44 PM
I agree, you should work on the white procedural.