PDA

View Full Version : Limited Edition 8 Core Tablet Mac and matching Flying Pony

Chilton
02-20-2007, 07:23 AM
It's the 20th... where's my new hardware? Weren't we supposed to get new hardware today?

-Chilton

amigo
02-20-2007, 07:28 AM
Chilton,

I think someone said 28th not 20th, at least I read that on one of those Mac rumours sites...

dsol
02-20-2007, 07:36 AM
If the rumor sites are to be believed, Apple have had 8-core mac pros running in their labs since november. However, the ones they're about to release will suppossedly go above and beyond those offered by any other PC vendor, with initially exclusive quad-core speed steppings for the xeons, a new much enhanced chipset (bringing it in line feature-wise with the high-end Nvidia ones) and some absolutely storming GPU options.

Again, that's if the rumors are true ;) I really hope they put a hardware RAID controller on there at least. And E-SATA ports. Pretty please!

Darth Mole
02-20-2007, 09:36 AM
A pony you say?

harlan
02-20-2007, 10:00 AM
Apple said that they're going to delay the release of new hardware until NewTek finally releases the UB of Lightwave.

So... looks like we may never get new hardware!! hehehe ;)

Ryhnio
02-20-2007, 11:26 AM
harian,

HAHA!

-Ryhnio

newtekker04
02-20-2007, 03:09 PM
Chilton, you have it all wrong. First of all, they're releasing 128 bit - 16 core machines, and they won't be released until March 4th (my birthday). And that's just the mac minis.:D

Kuzey
02-21-2007, 06:40 AM
There have been new rumors saying that the first rumor was a fake and the real one is another month away, something to do with the release of a New OS....whatever that is :D

Kuzey

Weepul
02-21-2007, 02:31 PM
Believe it or not, night before last I had a dream Apple released new Mac Pros... They were a lot smaller (as in, about 4 inches wide and very lightweight) and looked like something AlienWare would design on a bad day. :p All white plastic and transparent bits and logos and vent intakes. No cheese-grater front.

The lowest model had four separate cores mounted on adjustable antenna-like structures inside (visible through a transparent side case window) that could be repositioned by hand for better cooling as needed (pretty much a gimmick), and the clock speed on that lowest model was 6.7 GHz.

Yeah... :screwy:

In reality I'd settle for reasonably-priced (as in, same as current ;)) octo-core machines. That included pony sounds good, though.

gerry_g
02-21-2007, 04:03 PM
Well a pony has four hooves and is strictly speaking a quad-raped............if ponies or iPonies turn out to be the next iPod the bottom line is, if it's straw intake is low enough and looked kind o cool with a very big Apple logo on the side and everyone else wants one, I'll probably want one too

Chilton
02-21-2007, 04:18 PM
iPony... sounds like an Iron LightWave contest waiting to happen ;-)

-Chilton

amigo
02-21-2007, 04:58 PM
iPony: The Iron LightWave contest - cook the pony in 1 hr or less. :D

Chilton
02-21-2007, 05:41 PM
iPony: The Iron LightWave contest - cook the pony in 1 hr or less. :D

I think I can do that if I set my MacBook Pro on top of it. Or at least catch it on fire.

-Chilton

Darth Mole
02-22-2007, 01:42 AM
Hold on a second... if Chilton has time to have a laugh and a joke on this forum, could it be that some of his workload pressure has suddenly lifted? In short, is the UB complete?

Weepul
02-22-2007, 03:01 AM
There's always time to anticipate Apple announcements. ;)

al3d
02-22-2007, 07:23 AM
well..when i read this thread i was first excited about a 8core Mac..but after calling my friend at the apple store here, he confirmed that there should not be a 8core for at least 4 to 6 months. the 4core just came out realy and releasing the 8 core would kill the 4core market for apple, and it's large inventory basicaly.

scabooba
02-22-2007, 08:14 AM
Chilton if your macbook pro is really that hot download the smcFanControlhere (http://www.conscius.de/~eidac/index.html). It let's you set the lowest speed settings for the fans and trust me makes a BIG difference in heat, can't say it really helps out much on batteries, but you can have different settings for powered, battery, etc.

habaņero
02-23-2007, 02:02 AM
Not to mention coolbook, which I use on osx and the better and free utility from rightmark for PC. My mbp was sizzling and now its cool ...!

Bonedaddio
02-23-2007, 02:08 PM
It figures! I go ahead, take the plunge, by a Mac Pro Quad, and what happens?? JUST like the last time, when the IntelMacs were released shortly after I got a G5 Quad. DAMMIT!!!

Now there are going to be new Macs with the Flying Monkey Chipset, Eleventy-Zillion Core (you heard it here first) Processors, a Tub (Eleventy-Zillion Megabitmes) of RAM, and a GPU with it's own blood supply and co-dependency councelor.

Sigh.

I don't really care, the new box is just amazing. UB would be nice.

Kindest Retards,

Les

John the Geek
02-23-2007, 06:16 PM
Apple only has anniversaries on Tuesdays.