PDA

View Full Version : Excluding 2D elements from Radiosity Cache

Filmdesigner
02-19-2007, 04:49 PM
Hey all. I am trying to reduce my animation render times in an archivis job I am doing, and want to know if 2D animated billboards can be excluded from the Radiosity Solution. I know I can exclude the images from Radiosity calculations, but the shadows cause issues. Also, I have an animated water texture light mask to simulate water in a pool. Is there any way I can reduce the render times when applying this?

Using FPrime to render the single images. Using LW to render the animations as I need to cache the Radiosity.

I have attached a preview render of the scene showing the pool in the BG. Ignore the sky maps. These are temporary.

Thanks all.

DonAVP
02-22-2007, 10:24 PM
Bust the scene up and render in passes. Then combine in post. Some renders will be slow but not as slow as with everything in it. The other advantage is that you can make adjustment and corrections more easily in post.

Don :thumbsup:

LightFreeze
02-24-2007, 09:36 AM
another option would be to move the billboards out of the camera view for the first frame(the radiosity cache) and then bring them back in for the rest