PDA

View Full Version : No plugins found

stealthoperator
02-19-2007, 09:15 AM
I'm trying to set up a screamernet render farm. It all works very well except that the nodes can't find the (or some of the) plugin-files I'm using in the scene.

And I really need these plugins!

Has anyone had similar problems?

stealthoperator
02-19-2007, 10:25 AM
I just had a look at the Screamernet Node's output.

When it can't load a plugin, it says:

"Error: Cant get global
LW Interface Info 5"

unfortunately, it doesn't say which plugin couldn't be loaded....

mlinde
02-20-2007, 08:04 AM
Depending on your setup, you need to be able to access those plugins from each render node. The most common (old-fashioned) way is to share the entire HD of the "master" LW system, where all the plugins are located, so they can be accessed from each node. You can also try having the plugins loaded/installed on each render node. What I did (most recently - been on a single CPU for a while now) was to copy the entire LW installation to each node to ensure everything (including license information) was on each node. You might also want to check out some of the great online SN setup guides. Depending on your platform (Mac or Win) you can get specific instructions that are far more helpful than the basic LW documentation.

Dan_NT
02-20-2007, 09:09 AM
If you're editing your own nodes then add in the following path and parameter:

-p"C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave 3D 9\plugins"

The parameter -p specifies that the following directory is going to be where the plug-ins are located. The path in quotation marks is obviously the default LightWave 9 plugin path. It may help to have this in here so that the configs aren't left to search for everything and the individual nodes directly know where to look for them.

stealthoperator
02-22-2007, 10:35 AM
Thak you very much for your help.

The paths are all correct. I tried it with my own setup and also with Bruce Raynes Renderfarm Commander.
What seems very strange to me is that there are only a few plugins (such as jolt, Sliders, FastFresnel, STColuds...) that couldn't be loaded.

Very strange.

And it also seems to be scene dependant. I made a test scene with some of the above elements and there was no error message...

Anyways, the renders seem to be allright.