02-18-2007, 07:56 PM
Modeled in LW 8
Rendered in LW9
comp in Photoshop CS2

Feedback welcome

-squeegie

borkus
02-18-2007, 08:49 PM
very nice. like the modelling. and the scene setup is really good. draws your attention to where it should. one trick i've learned so far (be it from a noob. many others may disagree), is to add a "guassian" blur (very slight. depending on the 2d package you use) to the render in post. aa is nice, but adds so much to render time compared to doing it in post. just a slight blur would make it less "cg"-like. just my 2 cents

roger1972
02-19-2007, 08:49 AM
Modeled in LW 8
Rendered in LW9
comp in Photoshop CS2

Feedback welcome

-squeegie

Could you try to set 10-20% reflection on the hull and give it 50% blurred reflections? just to give it a bit spec?

squeegie
02-19-2007, 09:23 AM
I struggled with the paint a bit. I had a lot of reference material of "battle hardened" tanks, and they all seem to have a real dull, almost powdery finish to them. So I tried to mute down the spec to keep it from shining too much.
I'll ramp it up a bit more and see if it helps pull the texture out more.
Thanks!

roger1972
02-19-2007, 09:32 AM
I struggled with the paint a bit. I had a lot of reference material of "battle hardened" tanks, and they all seem to have a real dull, almost powdery finish to them. So I tried to mute down the spec to keep it from shining too much.
I'll ramp it up a bit more and see if it helps pull the texture out more.
Thanks!

I just wanted to look if you got some of that even specular like this...
http://www.haaland.info/norway/tank/bilder/leopard2.jpg

it shines a bit... (use reflections in camera angle too) like 5-15 in reflection camera angle...

squeegie
02-19-2007, 09:50 AM
I see what you mean. I'll give it a stab tonight and see what I can get out of it. Thanks!
-squeegie

squeegie
03-01-2007, 05:51 AM
Here is a "dirty" updated version.

creativecontrol
03-02-2007, 08:23 AM
Stunning model and very nicely composited. Great work! Is the model for sale?

blondimage
03-02-2007, 09:13 AM
Hi Squeegie

Looking good! The increased reflection really helps.

Two things I thought might need attending:
1. It seems a little too light in the some of the shadow areas, eg bottom of the tank and even between the tread of the track.

2. With the comping would be possible to make the tank sit a little 'heavier' on the ground?

Clinty

squeegie
03-06-2007, 06:25 PM
Stunning model and very nicely composited. Great work! Is the model for sale?

Wow! Thanks, I never even entertained the thought. What does something like this usually go for? I have it endomorphed and completely rigged as well.

I am going to toy around with the lighting a bit more. I might even pull a radiosity render if I can get the time. I thought about dropping the tracks into the mud a bit more. It took away from the tracks a bit, so I opted to lift them up, however that was one of the initial comps and it has come a long way since then. Thanks everyone for your input, it has been extremely helpfull.
-squeegie

creativecontrol
03-07-2007, 07:12 PM
Wow! Thanks, I never even entertained the thought. What does something like this usually go for? I have it endomorphed and completely rigged as well.

I don't know. I'll think about it, visit your website and send you an email. :D

I have a project where I could use that model of tank as an "extra" element :)