PDA

View Full Version : And I shall call it..... miniBOB Version 2

PIZAZZ
02-19-2003, 03:00 PM
New version of the miniBOB will be out soon!!!

We have finally managed to do something that I have wanted to do from the very beginning.

miniBOB will now have FIREWIRE also!!! That's right a complete patch bay for your VideoToaster. Every type of Audio and Video connector will be right there in front where you can patch to your heart's content.

Even though the miniBOB will not satisfy the live switching needs for many people, miniBOBs are perfect for the editor that seems to be always re-patching their decks to change formats.

MSRP list price is now $499 either direct from us at PIZAZZ or from your neighborhood Newtek Dealer.

Contact your local dealer or call us direct to place your order today.

Faraz
02-24-2003, 08:00 PM
That's awesome. I don't know why, but very few people put the Firewire connection on the Break-out-box, you always have to go to the back of the machine.

Quinte
03-06-2003, 06:34 PM
This may be a major breaking point for me if Firewire is supported with a MiniBOB and if the DDR's can access the firewire devices like standard decks vice having to use a seperate capture utility for import/xport.

Can someone please comment on this?
Can or are there plans to have direct DDR interfacing with firewire control?

I know a lot of DV editors eyeing the T2 waiting for this to happen. NEWTEK?? ANYONE??

Build it...they will come I promise.

Faraz
03-06-2003, 08:33 PM
You can control a DV deck through the External Controller. What advatage do you get controlling it in the DDR instead?

Gordon
03-06-2003, 10:14 PM
There is much better DV/Firewire support in the next version [3] of Video Toaster. I can't remember all the details but I think it will be native.

The DDR does have a record button on it, so if I have remembered correctly then you will be able to use the DDR to capture and playback native DV footage just like you can now with analog footage. (A capture window does pop up so you can choose where you want to store footage, what name to use for clips, etc., but the footage does show up immediately in the DDR).

ScorpioProd
03-07-2003, 03:31 AM
Well, the press release said:

"Re-designed DV support and capture"

So I would take that to mean Toaster will be able to natively capture (transfer) compressed video via firewire to the PC for immediate use. Much better than needing to use an external utility as T[2] required.

BUT, I wouldn't assume it means Toaster would be able to output via firewire in real-time without needing to render first.

Considering how much CPU power rendering to DV takes...

Quinte
03-07-2003, 05:09 AM
Faraz, I guess the main reason would be that you would not have to jump in and out of applications just to capture and LogVideo. It would basically give firewire users the same toolsets as RS422 users.

Thanks Gordon and Scoprio, T3 sounds very promising, where can I get more info on the miniBOB and T3.
I scooted around the NewTek site, but couldn't dig up much.

Like I said earlier, I think a lot of DV uses are VERY interested in the Toaster, just waiting for that little extra support....looks like that day may have come.
:)

Paul Lara
03-07-2003, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by Quinte
T3 sounds very promising, where can I get more info on the miniBOB and T3. I scooted around the NewTek site, but couldn't dig up much.

Maybe because you're diggin in the wrong vicinity! :D

MiniBOB is a third Party product (thus, the posting in the Third party forums)... ;)

MiniBOB, while not designed for live switching, is quite cool.
Read more about it here (http://www.sharbor.com/products/PIZI9200001.html)

RuiFeliciano
03-16-2003, 04:48 PM
I take it that MiniBOB 2 will be region-agnostic working with either NTSC or PAL, right?