PDA

View Full Version : DVD Architect 1.0 Problem!!!

JoshuaCanada
02-18-2007, 04:02 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am having a big problem with my Sonic Foundry DVD Architect 1.0. I have updated the software so that solution is out of the question. Basically I create the menus for my dvd, put the videos in that I want to and make sure that everything is set up to burn on my external dvd burner. I burn DVD-R's. I press, "Prepare and Burn" and everything is fine. It goes through the rendering and preparing and burning without any problem. When its done it tells me so. Now here's the catch. I go to play the DVD and it doesn't play in any player including the burner I just made the dvd from.

Anyone know if any solution??

cresshead
02-18-2007, 04:23 PM
1.are the discs your using okay?
2.what burn speed did you select...try slowest
3.is it actually burning or preparing a disc image?

lesterfoster
02-18-2007, 08:16 PM
What DVD brand of diskís are you using. From what I understand. The brand of DVDís matter a lot. Especially if you want them to play in a stand alone DVD players. Try a different brand of DVDís.

JamesCurtis
02-18-2007, 09:10 PM
Yeah, try a different brand. my own DVD burner will not recognize Windata discs from my local Microcenter store, and a friend of mine had problems with Phillips discs.

You mihght also try to see if the burner in your machine needs a bios firmware patch upgrade. Sometimes [so I've heard] the discs manufacturer brands that are recognized are written into the firmware chips on the drive, and an update to that can also possibly help with them being compatible. don't quote me on this though.

Also, there may be some issues with the version 1.0 DVD Architect you are using. I went to 2.0 as soon as it was available, but now I use Adobe Encore because it has more options and the compatibility and overall video quality seems to be better.