PDA

View Full Version : Sticky and Sticky surface...

Cageman
02-18-2007, 01:52 PM
I've tried using Sticky on an object that is parented to another object, but apparently Sticky only works if the sticky object is in worldspace. Can anyone confirm this?

Werner
02-18-2007, 04:24 PM
not sure what you mean, but I just tried sticky on a ball running a spiral around a long disc which is parented to a null. Even with the Null moving, sticky seems to work.

Can you please be more clear

Cageman
02-19-2007, 02:26 PM
not sure what you mean, but I just tried sticky on a ball running a spiral around a long disc which is parented to a null. Even with the Null moving, sticky seems to work.

Can you please be more clear

hehe.. :) What you described was what I wasn't able to do. Only when I took the object and unparanted it (moving it into worldspace) I was able to make it work using Sticky.

I will have another go with it to see if I did something terrible stupid, or if I LW just had a bad day.. :)

Surrealist.
02-19-2007, 04:05 PM
I have noticed that some things don't work right with sticky if you have parenting set up. For instance a wheel parented to a null so it will roll along the uneven surface of the object and using cyclist. I can't remember off the bat what it was but I noticed that certain things stopped working they way they should with parenting and sticky. So if you are planning to set something up a little more intricate, beware it might get a little wierd.