Latest Version: 1.0, Apr 03, 2003

HyperSmooth
Latest Version: 1.0b, Jul 03, 2003

X-Dof
Latest Version: 2.0, Dec 10, 2004

Shadow Designer
Latest Version: 2.0, Nov 20, 2002

WE are in 2007 now... !!

it been years and they didn't updated any plugin of them.

so does anybody knows what happened or why they don't update

3dworks
02-18-2007, 10:17 AM
Hi ..

I'm just wondering why evasion3d.com is not updating it's LW plugins

see this

MeshPaint
Latest Version: 1.0b, Jun 01, 2004

Spectrum
Latest Version: 1.0, Sep 24, 2003

MicroWave
Latest Version: 1.0, Apr 03, 2003

HyperSmooth
Latest Version: 1.0b, Jul 03, 2003

X-Dof
Latest Version: 2.0, Dec 10, 2004

Shadow Designer
Latest Version: 2.0, Nov 20, 2002

WE are in 2007 now... !!

it been years and they didn't updated any plugin of them.

so does anybody knows what happened or why they don't update

no idea, they seem not to be too interested in keeping their LW userbase. last summer i was seriously interested and asked for a evaluation version of microwave and never got any answer anymore after a previous email exchange with the developers. since i'm using fprime i've dropped hypersmooth and shadow designer from my toolkit, but these are great plugins anyway. maybe it's simply that they are focusing on other areas at evasion... weather presentation systems for broadcast and such...

markus

paulrus
02-18-2007, 11:30 AM
Have you read my post on CGTalk? I PAID for XDof for XSI and I'm still waiting for the unlock code. Prior to purchasing, they replied to me within an hour. After they got my money, nobody replies to any emails at all.

BAD BAD BAD customer support so far.

You shouldn't have to wait for DAYS to get a product unlocked after you've paid for it.

borkus
02-18-2007, 04:58 PM
bummer. had made a previous thread inquiring about hypersmooth and nobody had heard anything. looked soooo cool. oh well. the customer service thing is unacceptable. seings how you said "days", you could look into calling your local state/province police and your credit card company and reporting it as a fraudulent transaction. it is severe, but it will get there attention and i'm pretty sure someone will be in contact with you very shortly

paulrus
02-18-2007, 05:01 PM
Unfortunately I bought it from Safe Harbor, and they've done nothing wrong. They actually went out of their way to make sure the product was delivered quickly. But once you start it, it requires you to submit a code to Evasion and then wait for the plug-in unlock code. That's where I'm stuck. Waiting for them to reply for several days.

gatz
02-18-2007, 06:50 PM
I had similar issue with Evasion. It ended up being my net provider filtering their email as spam. I set up a Yahoo account to contact them and recieved the code right away.

rg

borkus
02-18-2007, 07:09 PM
nice catch gatz. same happened to me with kurvs. forgot all about that. another option is to talk to safe harbor and say that you are having problems with a product you bought from them. tell them that you in no way shape or form feel that this is their fault, but do they know of anyways of going about to rectify the problem. 9 times out of 10, they will have an answer or will inquire with their "rogue" software supplier and put some pressure on. but like gatz said, check you email spam filter first and try getting ahold of them that way again. best of luck

paulrus
02-18-2007, 07:35 PM
Normally I'd agree on the spam filter - but this is Gmail we're talking about and prior to purchasing, emails from Evasion came through with no problems. I even emailed the person (the chief developer) directly to ask him to fix the situation - no reply...

I will be calling Safe Harbor tomorrow to find out what to do next.

Sensei
02-18-2007, 07:42 PM
I had similar issue with Evasion. It ended up being my net provider filtering their email as spam. I set up a Yahoo account to contact them and recieved the code right away.

From my experience it happens with 30% of purchases.. 70% people contact no problem.. I even learned watching e-mail server address of customer whether I will have problem with him or not, and in that case sending from several different e-mails always wondering whether one of them reach client..

borkus
02-18-2007, 11:13 PM
that's not very good odds, sensei. kinda disheartening actually to doing business on the "net". but so goes it. remember so many people years ago telling me not to do business on the web. with 70 to 30 odds, sounds like i should have listened to them. thankfully, i haven't gotten burned real bad yet. just long waits. i will say that noone i know has had any "bad" business with truearts.com. sounds like an infomercial, but it's true. just an example that there's no reason for this behavior from evasion...

Puguglybonehead
02-18-2007, 11:58 PM

rg
I had the same problem when I purchased MeshPaint. The email with my unlock code had ended up in my Junk mailbox. Got it sorted though.

Verlon
02-19-2007, 01:03 AM
Heck, I had that problem with NEWTEK. I wasn't getting anything at my regular, gmail, or yahoo mail adresses. Eventually got it all sorted out the hard way.

Then, like 2 MONTHS later, all those lost emails showed up (post marked from when they should have arrived) in my various inboxes. things can be lost in virtual mail, too, it seems.

Don't write off Evasion just yet.

Safe Harbor
02-19-2007, 08:42 AM
Normally I'd agree on the spam filter - but this is Gmail we're talking about and prior to purchasing, emails from Evasion came through with no problems. I even emailed the person (the chief developer) directly to ask him to fix the situation - no reply...

I will be calling Safe Harbor tomorrow to find out what to do next.

Paul, please email me your invoice number and I'll get in touch with Evasion for you. [email protected]

paulrus
02-19-2007, 08:48 AM
Hi Tiffani! Everything was taken care of first thing this morning.

And just to make sure things are totally clear - Safe Harbor actually went out of their way to help me get this plug-in quickly. They're an awesome company to do business with.

Paul

Safe Harbor
02-19-2007, 09:09 AM
Hi Tiffani! Everything was taken care of first thing this morning.

And just to make sure things are totally clear - Safe Harbor actually went out of their way to help me get this plug-in quickly. They're an awesome company to do business with.

Paul

Glad to hear! Thank you.