PDA

View Full Version : Problem with saving textures

j3st3r
02-19-2003, 02:31 PM
Hello...

Does anybody have the same experience? When I try to save my texture, and if it is loaded in LW, Photoshop says that it`s locked or it is used by another program...What do you suggest. It`s weird, that I have to exit LW whenever I want to update the textures...

mattclary
02-20-2003, 06:45 AM
There is another thread on this same subject around here somewhere. This is not to be unexpected, programs don't like to share access to one file. In the other thread, I read that some people seem to be able to do this with no problem. The only way I could imagine that, is that the program they opened the file with FIRST would allow them to save it. So if you want to edit it, try opening it with Photoshop first. If that doesn't work, I'd say you are out of luck.

j3st3r
02-20-2003, 07:12 AM
There is another funny thing about this issue...Only the first item of the image editor is locked by LW...the rest are free to save...

j3st3r
02-20-2003, 07:20 AM
There is another funny thing about this issue...Only the first item of the image editor is locked by LW...the rest are free to save...

mkiii
04-15-2003, 02:11 PM
Are you using TGA files?

If so, if you start using another format, such as .IFF - you may see the end of this problem.

Don't ask why PShop treats file locking on TGA files differently, but in my experience it does.