PDA

View Full Version : Battlebugs episode 1 [animation]



AljenHoekstra
02-16-2007, 07:09 AM
i just signed up to this Newtek forum, been a longtime Lightwave user and a regular Spinquad visitor and poster. I want to take this opportunity to show my 2005 animation thesis entitled 'Battlebugs episode 1' wich was done entirely in Lightwave 8.5 (and aftereffects for some effects and small fixes).
Here are some screenshots from the animation:

http://www.aljenhoekstra.nl/3dhype/battlebugs_01.jpg

http://www.aljenhoekstra.nl/3dhype/battlebugs_02.jpg

http://www.aljenhoekstra.nl/3dhype/battlebugs_03.jpg

http://www.aljenhoekstra.nl/3dhype/battlebugs_04.jpg

http://www.aljenhoekstra.nl/3dhype/battlebugs_05.jpg

http://www.aljenhoekstra.nl/3dhype/battlebugs_06.jpg

http://www.aljenhoekstra.nl/3dhype/battlebugs_07.jpg


You can view it on my website (http://www.aljenhoekstra.nl) or use the direct link here (http://www.aljenhoekstra.nl/movies/battlebugs_web.mov).
33 Mb Quicktime file.

Hope you like it!

cresshead
02-16-2007, 09:44 AM
nice one!:thumbsup:

are you having some behind the scenes features in the future such as model spins, morphs, layout, animatics...would really bulk up the battlebugs area
whilst you work on episode 2

really good stuff...one man band yeah? [3d]
neat!
:lwicon:

AljenHoekstra
02-17-2007, 01:43 AM
Thanks for the comment Cresshead!
Originally, everything was done by myself. I also wrote the storyline expanding over 13 episodes (writing is very hard by the way!) and did soundfx, voices and editing. Music was done by somebody else but halfway the project he moved to another country for his carreer.
It was always my intention to re-do some elements by other people. For example I had a lot of trouble with editing, I couldn't cut certain footage out because I know howmuch time I spend on animatin or rendering it. Kill your darlings they say... I just couldn't. So 6 months after completing the original version I got some people together to help my out on the editing, music, soundfx and voices. Funny bit is that the studio responsible for these voices normally does the Dutch localization for Foreign cartoons; all the voices are Dutch voice-actors.

As for your request on behind the scenes footage: I bought a external HD for backups during this project but I misunderstood the 'easy' backupsoftware. With the press of a button it would backup everything I specified. Unfortunately when the project was finished I set this button to another project and when I pressed it, it deleted my Battlebugs backup because it wasn't on my internal HD anymore. I found out a few days later and I can honestly say, I never freaked out as much as that day...
I do have roughly 60 pages of sketches, some digitally colored sketches, and some wallpapers I made left. That's it.