PDA

View Full Version : How about a "Constrain Proportions" feature in texture editor?

peter66
02-15-2007, 10:16 AM
I was just about to get the calculator out and just thought I'd post about this, am I missing something here or would this sort of thing actually be pretty useful?

Cheers

DMarkwick
02-15-2007, 12:46 PM
I've often thought that a linking mechanism like you've proposed would not only be useful, but preferable. :)

Most of the time I'm changing the scale of a texture for example I have to change each axis' value to do that, I think separate axis values should be a secondary choice not the default.

Rotation & displacement are different but scale, link them by default for sure.

katsuy
02-17-2007, 07:22 PM
absolutely!:agree: backdrop setup has this option.. when you use textures from collections like those of arroway it is really tedious to have to input two paramters..

k

R.Feeney
02-17-2007, 09:24 PM
I know its not what you are talking about but don't forget you can do your calculations within any of the numeric entries in LW.
Like if you wanted to half the size of the texture- just put /2 after the current size and it will divide it by 2.

peter66
02-17-2007, 09:28 PM
don't forget you can do your calculations within any of the numeric entries in LW.
You're right, I did forget that (literally). I think maybe it would be doable to add this feature ourselves via an LScript but don't quote me on that.