PDA

View Full Version : Flatten?

Dreamer
02-15-2007, 08:34 AM
There is a tutorial explaining the new Flatten tool in v.9.
When I search for it I only find Flatten Layers. Anyone know where to find this tool?

Skinner3D
02-15-2007, 11:16 AM
Excuse me for sounding dumb, but what does the tutorial say it flattens? :o

The flatten layers button is under the view tab, in the layers section, if that is what you are looking for.

frantbk
02-15-2007, 12:38 PM
There is a tutorial explaining the new Flatten tool in v.9.
When I search for it I only find Flatten Layers. Anyone know where to find this tool?

Go to www.newtek.com/lightwave. Find the product information scroll down header and scroll down to lightwave videos and click. Once at the video page scroll down to the bottom and find modeler: flatten tool, it is a 52.1 meg avi file. There you can download it or open it to watch.

Dreamer
02-16-2007, 07:38 AM
So, do you know where the plugin can be found?

Surrealist.
02-16-2007, 08:59 AM
If it does not show up under Detail/Polygons/Flatten then Edit/Edit Menu Layout opens up the menu config editor and you search for "flatten" will bring up Flatten Layers, then just click the search button again, click OK and it will find Flatten. Now you can drag it from the left pane into the right pane to the destination on your menu you would like it to go. That part is pretty self-explanitory, if you poke around in there, you see how everything is laid out.

BazC
02-16-2007, 09:32 AM
It's on the ctrl/shift MMB under modeler tools. It will flatten your selection to an axis or the averaged normal of the selection.

Dreamer
02-16-2007, 09:48 AM
Thanks. I never new you could do that for search.

Surrealist.
02-16-2007, 03:39 PM
Neither did I. Just discovered it when testing what would happen if you searched for it. :)