PDA

View Full Version : Staircase

kopperdrake
02-15-2007, 07:03 AM
Something from the latest project I have on - the client makes bespoke stone fireplaces, staircases besides other stuff. Being bespoke they're not something you have lying around to photograph so 3D is the perfect sales tool. The stonework is their design, I had artistic licence on the railings and room.

The final image will cook in FPrime a bit longer, though I quite like the grainy effect and will probably add some grain in Photoshop afterwards anyway :)

bobakabob
02-15-2007, 09:01 AM
Really nice modelling and classy render. Wonder if you need to ramp up the contrast though, it's it's a little washed out on my monitor?

kopperdrake
02-15-2007, 03:26 PM
Thanks Bob - I'll do a test print before handing it over, though I was intending it to be a fluffy kind of image :) I never trust my monitors though - you may be right :thumbsup:

Nicolas Jordan
02-16-2007, 11:46 AM
I really like the look of the railing. It's very unique and gives the staircase more character.

Van Huzendt
02-17-2007, 06:16 AM
Cool! I like the washed-out look. Sometimes, different is good - good work man! - Van

kopperdrake
02-17-2007, 05:01 PM
Cheers people :) The client's just given feedback and likes them, which is always great to hear! I may have to add some extra geometry between the railings for health & safety reasons, which he's loath to do as he likes them as is, though I have ideas which won't look too bad (I hope). I love doing his projects - he even doesn't mind me spending more time on them if needed, how many clients are like that!

Andyjaggy
02-24-2007, 09:10 PM
I like it a lot. I love the colors and the soft high key look.

The Dommo
02-25-2007, 08:51 AM
I was lucky enough to see this before it got posted here (I believe). I liked it then, and I like now too :).

I particularly like the gold material on the floor. Good stuff!

flakester
02-26-2007, 05:43 PM
Ace!!

The gold on/in the floor - :agree:

Superb. And the banister too, lovely piece of work. :thumbsup:
I'm also digging the strong light, gives it an almost etheral (sp?) feel.

Well done that Dude.

benny_stupid
02-27-2007, 09:15 AM
Good Job ^^

kopperdrake
02-27-2007, 04:58 PM
Heh - cheers guys :D Working on the second one now, trying to get a friend to let me use some of her stained glass to throw some light in to the stairwell. Sorry I've not been online much - up to my neck in it (not least due to the move to the Mac platform...weeee :thumbsup: )

Mrjack
03-01-2007, 05:47 AM
i lovit man lighting10/10 shading 6/10
the lighting is awesome nothing to say
but stil some work to do for the shading
the styl is too reflective buy increasing and bluring the reflection im sur it wil be better