PDA

View Full Version : For those of you with small children...

theo
02-14-2007, 09:07 PM
here is a short written work reflecting on this challenging, yet rewarding, lifestyle. :)

GandB
05-22-2007, 06:45 AM
That's a great peice, Theo. I'll have to show it to my wife later on. I can't tell you how many scraps of "art" I have littered all over my desk (not to mention the poor fridge :))

We gave up a long time ago on the lower shelves; they are converted to "toy-holding" shelves now. ;)

-Keith

jameswillmott
05-22-2007, 06:52 AM
That's beautiful.

I have two children of that 'discovering' age myself, and their discoveries often litter my desk. Sad to think that one day they won't do that anymore, so I make the most of every minute I have with them while they're small. :)

theo
05-22-2007, 07:56 AM
Thank you for the nice feedback fellas.

Best of wishes and luck with your minis. :D

mattclary
05-22-2007, 08:40 AM
Yep, made my eyes well up a little. My daughter turns 3 in July. I have never been so aware of how fast time moves.

bluerider
05-22-2007, 09:08 AM
here is a short written work reflecting on this challenging, yet rewarding, lifestyle. :)

Thats awesome, your really great with your use of words.

I'm sending my wife that piece to read. We have a 6 , 8 and 10 year old. They're always trying to talk me into letting them play with my huge collections of plastic figures. They have their own huge collection :thumbsdow

Heres my poetry for the day, "Look into a face of a child and see true evil". Ok I'm only kidding, that was an awful joke. I must have been thinking of Damien in the Omen.

theo
05-22-2007, 09:29 AM
Yep, made my eyes well up a little. My daughter turns 3 in July. I have never been so aware of how fast time moves.

Morphed you into a big teddy bear, did she? Hehe... Don't worry, men DO cry... it just takes the little people to tie a few knots in the ol' ticker. Edit: Cute chilly bean there Matt.

Thats awesome, your really great with your use of words.

Thank you, blue.

Heres my poetry for the day, "Look into a face of a child and see true evil". Ok I'm only kidding, that was an awful joke. I must have been thinking of Damien in the Omen.

Or, Hitler, in his condensed stage... I refer to children as condensed adults- some clarification there fer ya.

Animapper
05-22-2007, 09:42 AM
That's nicely written :) I have a 12 month old daughter and she's already a handful.

Just wait until she's One year!! :)

My three kids are nearly grown. My youngest boy is 12. I remember the young days like yesterday, but where are my keys?....

Regards,

bluerider
05-22-2007, 09:50 AM
Or, Hitler, in his condensed stage... I refer to children as condensed adults- some clarification there fer ya.[/QUOTE]
-----------------------------------------

PMSL :devil: :D

P.S. Do you have a website theo.

theo
05-22-2007, 10:37 AM
PMSL :devil: :D

P.S. Do you have a website theo.

Well, I did... I pulled it a couple of years ago due to a name change. I, since then, have been mired in several large projects that have kept me from getting the blasted thing back up in the much more attractive form that I envision.

Luckily, I have several long-term clients that feed me lots of work so at this point in time I am not in need of the benefits of web exposure, the downside of which has been the feeding of the procrastination animals within.

Thanks for asking and thank you, again, for the compliment.

newsvixen8
05-23-2007, 07:11 AM
Nicely written work, New Friend. The teacups are very important.
Things Learned While Having Tea with Toddlers:
1. The nature of liquids
2. The nature of gravity
3. Fine motor skill development
4. The meaning of the word "breakable."
5. It's easier to confess to "Mrs. Flootsnoot" over tea than to "Mom"

My firstborn will turn fourteen tomorrow (!) and our tea parties now look more like him flinging himself into a chair in my office, accompanied by a tall glass of chocolate soy milk. But he can still confide in the back of my head as I (appear to) work, the way he once did to Mrs. Flootsnoot, so I am blessed.
And his china tea-set adorned with circus animals is carefully packed in his closet. He will not give it up, even for baby sister.
Have lots and lots of tea.

theo
05-23-2007, 07:57 AM
Nicely written work, New Friend.

Thank you News Friend.

The teacups are very important.

Almost as important as the saucers... well, until they hit about 2.5 years old.

1. The nature of liquids
2. The nature of gravity

Hmmm... almost all of the above would be applicable skills for utilization in a 3D development environment, so it appears as if you are capitalizing on time spent with your mini. Though I am still not sure where Mrs. Flootsnoot would fit into liquids, gravity or "breakable" but I am sure we could find her a spot in FBX or a modifier script. :D

My firstborn will turn fourteen tomorrow (!) and our tea parties now look more like him flinging himself into a chair in my office, accompanied by a tall glass of chocolate soy milk. But he can still confide in the back of my head as I (appear to) work, the way he once did to Mrs. Flootsnoot, so I am blessed.
And his china tea-set adorned with circus animals is carefully packed in his closet. He will not give it up, even for baby sister.

It's all good...

bluerider
05-23-2007, 08:08 AM
Nicely written work, New Friend. The teacups are very important.
1. The nature of liquids
2. The nature of gravity

When i work at home my children have learned the best way to communicate with Daddy is with crayon drawings. Apparently my communications skills sometimes regress, so the children have adapted to my selective lapses.

They usually exclaim, "Daddy look at my picture" as they shoved the piece of paper enthusiastically in front of my face :) .

They get a critique they seem to enjoy then get to explain the story. The children become so animated explaining the complexity of their visual narration, its very inspiring. When they finish they go away and usually start on more adventures with their crayons.

GandB
05-23-2007, 08:44 AM
They usually exclaim, "Daddy look at my picture" as they shoved the piece of paper enthusiastically in front of my face

I get the same thing with my daughter, and my son. We've filled up all the old diaper boxes with all their art....we just don't have it in us to toss it out.:D

-Keith

bluerider
05-23-2007, 08:56 AM
GandB,
I try to digitize their work that catches my eye so they have a record of their development. :)

GandB
05-23-2007, 09:18 AM
Yes, but does your scanner pick up the Kool-Aid stains? ;)