PDA

View Full Version : 9.0 crashes i layout - BAD!

mwh710
02-14-2007, 11:32 AM
I have a lab of 32 on OS 10.4.8 all with 1GB RAM. I just upgraded from 8.5 to 9.0 & now after my students build a scene, save it and close it, it crashes when opening the next time. This can't be normal & at least one half are doing it.
What do I do.....

eblu
02-14-2007, 11:56 AM
you delete your preferences, and get used to doing THAT forever. if the problem persists, lookup disable+hub in this forum. if that doesn't solve it, try re-installing Lightwave from scratch.

if the problem persists after all that. it will go away on its own. I'm serious. LIGHTWAVE is so quirky (this is a nod to the dev team. I'm not actually using the term "buggy" here) that the buggy behaviors sometimes vanish on their own.

so what to focus on here?
lightwave is an industrial tool. think of it as a drill press, rather than an battery operated hand held drill motor. Its quirky, it needs a lot of attention, and it may not work right all the time. but when you follow the rules, and it does work, your results will be on an industrial level.

Chilton
02-14-2007, 01:25 PM
Hi,

I have a lab of 32 on OS 10.4.8 all with 1GB RAM. I just upgraded from 8.5 to 9.0 & now after my students build a scene, save it and close it, it crashes when opening the next time. This can't be normal & at least one half are doing it.
What do I do.....

1) Send me a crash log. ( [email protected] )
2) Follow the sage advise of eblu

This is fixed in the Universal Binary, which will be in Open Beta as soon as inhumanly possible.

-Chilton

Phil
02-14-2007, 01:29 PM
Ahah. Alien Technology. That explains a lot :)

Chilton
02-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Oh no, it's not *technically* alien, it was just laying on the ground near where we found the alien. It probably wasn't his. I mean, it didn't have his name on it or anything.

-Chilton

toby
02-18-2007, 12:52 AM
Delete config files?