PDA

View Full Version : FPrime & LW 9?

old fashioned d
02-14-2007, 10:45 AM
Sorry, but i've been out of the loop for awhile and was curious as to how well FPrime works with LW9. I do a lot of product renders and would LOVE to speed up the process.

BTW, I still texture the same way as I did in ver 8.5 and earlier. I havent even touched the node system and if I understand correctly, FPrime won't work with nodes (?)

So, as long as I texture the old way i'm good to go with FPrime?

Also, is there any news on when Worely will have FPrime updated to work with LW9's nodes?

Thanks for any insight!

T-Light
02-14-2007, 11:00 AM
Fprime is generally fine with LW 9.0 (some have reported problems, but It's seems to have been OK on my system).

There is a plugin by dpont that can let FPrime see some basic nodes, but not any of the shaders etc.

FPrime 3.0 is due out just after the release of LW 9.2, it's a pay for upgrade and we pretty much expect it's capable of nodes and possibly more. Should be out within a month or so I reckon. :thumbsup:

Hope that helps :)

Dirk
02-14-2007, 04:50 PM
So that means 9.2 is near?

amigo
02-14-2007, 05:20 PM
NT has set 9.2 release for March 2007, so not too far away. :)

kopperdrake
02-15-2007, 02:57 AM
No problems with FPrime and LW9 here, been using them together for a few months :) Positively wetting myself about the LW9.2 and FPrime update - just in anticipation of what we might get :D

Captain Obvious
02-15-2007, 03:43 AM
More Maxwell-style rendering would rock. Maybe he'll add something like a BSDF function to G2? :)

bobakabob
02-15-2007, 05:04 AM
I've somehow survived without F Prime all this time but if nodes are accessible it will be impossible to resist.

DogBoy
02-15-2007, 05:12 AM
I've somehow survived without F Prime all this time but if nodes are accessible it will be impossible to resist.

Quoted in :agree: -ment. I've never tried it, but if it does nodes, and comes in a x64 flavour I'll hand over the sponds ASAP.

Iain
02-15-2007, 05:32 AM
After using it for about an hour, I wondered how I had stayed with LW for so long without it.
My one bugbear-ridiculously slow radiosity-was gone.

AbnRanger
02-15-2007, 06:25 AM
After using it for about an hour, I wondered how I had stayed with LW for so long without it.
My one bugbear-ridiculously slow radiosity-was gone.Say DogBoy...in training for the sequel to "Nacho Libre," are ye? :D

bobakabob
02-15-2007, 06:52 AM
Say DogBoy...in training for the sequel to "Nacho Libre," are ye? :D

OT: Yes, terrifying. Dogboy looks like he could take on the Calimari Wrestler (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l-FkF-Crw4)... and win!

DogBoy
02-15-2007, 07:19 AM
OT: Yes, terrifying. Dogboy looks like he could take on the Calimari Wrestler (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l-FkF-Crw4)... and win!

I eat Calamari for lunch :devil:

Captain Obvious
02-15-2007, 10:45 AM
So... there are actually people who use Lightwave, without FPrime? What do you do with? Just render in Quickshade? :p

axaboss
02-15-2007, 11:17 AM
I hate to say it, but I'll say it anyway... FPrime is the only reason I continued with LightWave thru the 8.0 years. Recent improvements to LightWave help tremendously, but FPrime is still a key player. I had XSI on my Xmas list, but Light "Waved" it bye bye when I experienced the improvements in LW v9.

Newtek still has me on board, but I will only last so long with optimization improvements. Many of my cohorts have jumped ship or are in the process of slowly transitioning to another 3D app. Unfortunately, NewTek has to pick up the pace to keep users from leaving.

I'm staying for the interim. I still have hope.

DogBoy
02-15-2007, 01:09 PM
So... there are actually people who use Lightwave, without FPrime? What do you do with? Just render in Quickshade? :p

You mean there are other render types except wireshade? Show me :D