PDA

View Full Version : an news on new imac's/macpro's?

cresshead
02-14-2007, 06:00 AM
i'm waiting for new imac's or mac pro's coming out...anyone have a clue when they might be or even 'what' they might be?

...hoping:-
1. imac24" gets upgraded to quadcore single chip...
2.macpro get 8 core...

though we might seem 'em at macworld in jan...but was all about telephones n tv...:thumbsdow

...any rumors?:D

Kuzey
02-14-2007, 06:25 AM
There's a rumor something will happen on the 20th of feb...but that's just a rumor of a rumor...I think :thumbsup:

Kuzey

cresshead
02-14-2007, 06:37 AM
ooo!

hope your right...would love go splash out on either a imac24 or a mac pro...just itching too...but if i bought one 'now' i just know there'll be a new one the next day thats twice as fast etc....will wait till the next one's come out even though i'm really wanting one NOW!....currently with a macmini g4 and a acer laptop...want to consolidate my ''workstation'' from several to one station if poss via bootcamp and a new mac.

Kuzey
02-14-2007, 06:48 AM
I think there were rumors that the laptops might get speed bumps but I'm hoping there's alot more other goodies :)

And I hate that, buy something today and in a month out comes a newer better model. I wish my sense of timing could be better :D

Kuzey

masterjedi
02-14-2007, 10:02 AM
I'm looking at the 24" imac... I can't decide if I will get the current one with a price cut or pop for the new one (if they come out next week that is...) Decisions, decisions...

swpspce
02-14-2007, 11:11 AM
quad core 24" iMac sounds quite tempting...from what I have seen here at work apple is holding off on deploying X.4.9 so as not to give out any details for future products. the techs say next week...

cresshead
02-14-2007, 11:22 AM
i hope the quadcore imac24 becomes a reality....dell already have a gamer pc that uses a single intel quadcore chip...also, apple have been consistanly CHEAPER than dell since the launch of the intel cpu mac's...have a look at a quadcore [2xdual core] over at dell...waaaay more expensive.

i'll bee bootcamping my next mac...making that the workstation for mac and pc tools.

gerry_g
02-14-2007, 12:48 PM
Well MacWarehouse UK are desperately trying to flog Mac Pros at 130 discount this week, which sounds like a promising indicator for an imminent product line refresh, fingers crossed ;-)

cresshead
02-14-2007, 02:41 PM
eek!
hope your right!

cresshead
02-15-2007, 07:53 AM
5 days to go....

Avebeno
02-15-2007, 10:19 PM
... But I just got my new MacPro! ... I was hoping to be state of the art for at least a month this time around!

...actually I'm hoping for Blu-Ray integration by NAB!

cresshead
02-16-2007, 09:08 AM
that's why i decided to hold off til the next round of mac's...mind you been waiting since november!...WAS hopign that macworld would do the trick but alas only telephones and tv....

toby
02-17-2007, 11:29 AM
I would kill for an 8 core - but I don't know if I could afford one right now, so I'm being careful what I wish for... I remember the jump from a dual 450 to a dual 2ghz, it opened up some new worlds for me...

newtekker04
02-18-2007, 01:03 AM
ooo!

hope your right...would love go splash out on either a imac24 or a mac pro...just itching too...but if i bought one 'now' i just know there'll be a new one the next day thats twice as fast etc....will wait till the next one's come out even though i'm really wanting one NOW!....currently with a macmini g4 and a acer laptop...want to consolidate my ''workstation'' from several to one station if poss via bootcamp and a new mac.

Man, I'm sitting in the exact same boat as you right now. I don't think I have ever been more impatient in my life than I am right now: I am seriously going nuts waiting for my iMac24. However, I want it to be preloaded with Leopard, so I'm holding off for a bit. A change to the chip would certainly be a sweet bonus too.:D

I am so anxious to see if this rumour comes true (about next week, that is), because I don't want to buy my iMac in, say, April or May and have a new one be released at WWDC. I was reading this forum (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=274298), and some were discussing intel's upcoming Rosetta architecture. If that holds true, I wonder if we'll have to wait until the last quarter to see a new mac.:confused:

cresshead
02-18-2007, 07:06 AM
here's what i THINK apple will be bringing out...:thumbsup:

imacpro24" quadcore single chip...i don't care what people have to say about heat issues they'll either get around it or redesign the case to be a aliminium
design like the macpro...or black!

imacpro30"...quadcore, imagine that beast...ships with 512ram ati card

mac pro 8core dual chip...starts at 8x1.86ghz

mac...a new pc from apple aimed at gamers with bootcamp and pre installed for osx/winxp

imac 20"...boost speed
imac 24"...boost speed
they'll kill off the imac17"

mac mini...up the mhz and make it core2duo plus larger graphic memory

...would be supa!

so...
mac mini's go core2 duo
imac's lose 17" but gain speed boost
imac pro new case design and quadcore single chip
NEW product the ''mac'' for osx/win gamers
macpro goes 8 core dual chip

note dell already haver a 4 core single chip pc for gamers...so apple could base their own mac on that be it a suped up imac or an new product the rumoured new ''mac''

i would simply be astounded if apple do not have a single chip quad core product very soon.

newtekker04
02-18-2007, 11:51 AM
That would be a huge bump to there product line. A quad-core chip in an iMac would be sweet, and Apple would certainly find a way to manage the thermal issues. However, that Core 2 Extreme chip is in a large chassis machine right now, so if Apple were to put that thing in there iMacs, I'm sure they'd have to make either a larger housing to accommodate a larger heatsink/fan or use liquid cooling, I'm guessing.

...redesign the case to be a aliminium design like the macpro...or black!

Hmm, aluminum wouldn't be too bad, but black on Macs does not appeal to me. Even an aluminum frame might look a little odd for the iMac design. Who knows, maybe I'm just too used to seeing iMacs in their white forms.:D

cresshead
02-18-2007, 12:04 PM
i think the 8 core mac pro is a given..been waiting for that since before xmas...they just have to time it right for pricing.

imac's may just get a speed bump and stay core2duo...i hope not though as there are quadcore chips in home/gamer dell's right now so they'd look rather behind the times if the stay on core2duo and just bump upto 2.4 or 2.6