PDA

View Full Version : Patch Spline Cage

phuile
02-13-2007, 11:25 PM
I've created a simple cylinder spline cage using the 'Spline Cage' tool. Settings are:

Axis: Y
Sections: 3
Sides: 4
Top: 1m
Bottom: -1m
Radius: 50cm

Why won't it patch correctly? It throws a curves are not properly connected error.

Thanks for help.

Surrealist.
02-14-2007, 12:52 PM
Do a search for sline patching in LW on google and you'll find some tutorials on it. Also they have an explanation in modeler doc and if you have Dan Ablin's book it is in there too.

Basically only 3 or 4 splines I believe connected end to end in the same direction. Then the order you select them matters to the outcome as well. But don't quote me on this, it has been a while.

But I do know that the spline cage is not set up that way. You'd have to take it and split the splines and merge points etc to come up with the right configuration.

Sensei
02-14-2007, 01:02 PM
If you are thinking about spline modeling in LightWave seriously, please take a look at our plug-in that automatically patches spline cages during curve transformation by LW, EasySpline or LWCAD tools.. It has a lot of tools for modifing splines and a lot of unique features never seen before in LightWave or other packages..
http://www.easyspline.com