PDA

View Full Version : Keep hair on with Sas?

simonwoods
02-13-2007, 06:04 PM
I'm using a mac, I have a hair wig in layer 2, which I animated along with the body and IK in layer 1, also, the eyebrows were in the same layer as the wig, because I couldnt get LW/sas to recognise the surface of the eyebrows in layer 1.
I brought the wig object into the scene seperatly, cos I didnt have to set up IK all over again, I linked it to the layer 1 object, and set its bones to it, but the rotation seems to be off - I hadnt noticed any problem till I rotated the head - heres the really strage thing - the eybrows stayed put and rendered nice in place, while the head wig moved - even tho they are on the same layer?? Another time, it was the wig seemed to rotate ok, while the eybrows rotated away from the brows.

I have been moving the pivot point to see if it clears things up, to no avail - I'm told I should reset the scale or something - how did I get so screwed??

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v697/lordnut/trumped.jpg

UnCommonGrafx
02-13-2007, 06:09 PM
Oh gosh, this brings back a few weeks of agony... :(

Check a few things:
- Are your roots 'in touch' with the bones that are controlling layer 1? That is to say, do you have any weight maps that might not be covering the hair?
- This one threw me for weeks: whats your fps set to? Mine was set to 60fps and I COULDN'T do any type of following with my sas wig.
- Can't think of more but I will think about it a bit more...

T-Light
02-13-2007, 06:11 PM
Are you using weightmaps on your main figure? If so, make sure you have the same 'head' weights applied to the hair guides.

Another way this can happen is if you're just using bone influence and the influence isn't large enough to cover your hair.

It's late, those two just popped into my head, hope they're of some help.

[EDIT] AHA, Robert beat me to the weightmap approach. :D

simonwoods
02-14-2007, 04:00 AM
Wow! Extraordinary! It works now - (yahoo)
I thought my weight map was already on the hair and roots, but seems it was only on the eyebrows, it wasn't showing up in modeller, so I wasn't aware - Thanks for the quick help!