PDA

View Full Version : Need rigged human male

timrbetts
02-13-2007, 01:19 PM
Hey. Anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced detailed anatomically correct (without genitals) human male character that is already rigged with bones and ready to animate. Also compatible with Lightwave 9. Trying to keep the price below $100, but cheaper the better. The character will be used to create detailed golf swing animations hence the need for detail. Ideally, you'd also be able to vouch for the quality and rig of the character. Thanks so much. Cheers -- Tim. :thumbsup:

jthompson3d
02-13-2007, 03:16 PM
Try some of the following website:

www.turbosquid.com

www.modelbank.com

and more other just look up in google "3d models".

timrbetts
02-14-2007, 07:08 AM
Thanks for the suggestions man and I'll pour over those. I guess what I'm struggling with is finding a model that is rigged for Lightwave specifically. The only ones I seem to find are rigged for 3D Studio Max or in FBX MotionBuilder format.

Now, I'm not much of an animator but I assume I'm also looking for one with bones and perhaps that IK booster could be used with. Also for this reason I don't want to have to correct any points in the joints or bones that don't move as you would expect for a normal human. I know this is weak and I am learning, but I don't want this to hold up my project.

For instance, this (http://www.modelbank.com/UI/Product/ShowProductFullInfo.aspx?ProductID=102167) is the "look" I need, but not sure about the level of detail and obviously it's not Lightwave or rigged for it.

I'll keep looking, but if anyone has any specific recommendations, I'd truly appreciate it.

Cheers -- Tim. :thumbsup:

erikals
02-26-2007, 06:30 AM
I'm thinking how about using Poser, or look at your Lightwave cd's, there should be some rigs there I think.