PDA

View Full Version : [TRICK] Change project settings

Jean
02-13-2007, 07:46 AM
Hello speededitors.

I'm using speededit for a few days now, and wanted to change project settings.

I was editting HDV in 720p for 4/3 pal dv output boxed, no problem to render that, then I wanted to use the black bars top and below my 16/9 clip to add titles and credits.

There is no option that I know of to change project setting on the fly while editing... but !

If you open a second speededit, you create a new project with needed settings (4/3 SD), you copy-paste your first (16/9 720p) project in it, tadaaa, clips adapt automatically to this new project and you can now work in a 4/3 environment.

Might come in handy.:D

billmi
02-13-2007, 08:16 AM
Great tip Jean!

joseburgos
02-15-2007, 12:48 PM
Yes, very nice tip :)

Thank you,

Jean
02-15-2007, 12:50 PM
you're welcome :D

dingebre
09-12-2007, 04:58 AM
Ahhhhh, the uncomplicated solution almost always escapes me. Thank you. This works quite well.

Dato_Chua
12-13-2007, 03:44 AM
Thanks Jean. I faced the same problem. Tried to look for a button or a function that would change the setting on the fly. Newtek... please add this feature in..

ted
12-13-2007, 11:46 AM
Jean, I've been doing this for a while, but remember how excited I was when I found this out. It was our first HD project and the client suddenly wanted to go home with a SD DVD that day for proofing with a committee. Copy/Paste, wala!

The thing I would like to see is has anyone found a simple way to re-adjust the GFX that inevitably don't land where you want them? I've got tool shed presets that work for most, but there's always tweaking to do. Fortunately, that project only had a few GFX.

Thanks for reminding everybody!

CreatvGnius
12-13-2007, 11:54 AM
...The thing I would like to see is has anyone found a simple way to re-adjust the GFX that inevitably don't land where you want them? I've got tool shed presets that work for most, but there's always tweaking to do. Fortunately, that project only had a few GFX....

I'll bet I misunderstood your scenario, since I'm a bit fuzzy on what you mean by GFX.

But I'll bite:
What happens, Ted, when you try placing the EDIT LINE to where you want the graphic (GFX?), while zoomed in tightly -- then nudge graphic to edit line??

-PeterG

John Perkins
12-13-2007, 12:12 PM
The thing I would like to see is has anyone found a simple way to re-adjust the GFX that inevitably don't land where you want them? I've got tool shed presets that work for most, but there's always tweaking to do. Fortunately, that project only had a few GFX.

That's exactly why there is not an option to change project size.

Example:
If you are in an SD project and position something at 180 on the X axis, did you want that placed 1/4 screen from the side or at exactly 180 pixels to line up with something else?

Pretty much any size or position info would have this same problem.

There is no way for us to ever guess correctly, so the feature would have constantly been "malfunctioning" from the users standpoint.

The copy paste method is about as close as is possible, even if we were to add the option.

ScorpioProd
12-13-2007, 03:57 PM
Wouldn't it be better and simpler to just drop the first project as a subproject into an empty project with the resolution set where you want it to end up???

ted
12-14-2007, 02:15 AM
There is no way for us to ever guess correctly, so the feature would have constantly been "malfunctioning" from the users standpoint.

I figured as much, but thought I'd ask if anyone had found any tricks I couldn't think of.
Thanks John.

rbartlett
12-15-2007, 05:32 PM
An HD project could be rendered out at a different custom (rather than from the drop-down suggested) resolution or (with the right DVD authoring tool / compressor downstream) you could use the new AVI wrapper.

It is very much easier to appreciate how (well) this works if your country is already ready for 16:9 SD DVD as well as the native 16:9 HD delivery formats.

Richard (brackets mad) Bartlett